The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Bought a great horse

I LOVE my horse, which I bought from Lance. First of all, he drove the horse we ended up getting, plus another, out to the East Coast (from Chicago) for us to try for a week, and let us do whatever we wanted with them. Then, when we made the purchase everything went smoothly, we got papers and bill of sale promptly. Now, 5 months later, I am still so in love with my horse and we are racking up the blue ribbons!
    Last edited by blueribbonprincess10; Jan. 29, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

Default Lance Williamson Stables

Yes, it sure is - especially from Lance Williamson !!

I'm really glad your new horse is working out for you, that's great! But that is one trainer that I would NEVER do business with, and I would never encourage a friend or fellow COTHer to either.
    With that said- congrats on the new horse!

Quote Originally Posted by blueribbonprincess10 View Post
    So many times, people post to say bad things. And when I tried to research this trainer, I found mixed reviews. But I felt compelled to post something because I LOVE my horse, which I bought from Lance Williamson. First of all, he drove the horse we ended up getting, plus another, out to the East Coast (from Chicago) for us to try for a week, and let us do whatever we wanted with them. Then, when we made the purchase everything went smoothly, we got papers and bill of sale promptly. Now, 5 months later, I am still so in love with my horse and we are racking up the blue ribbons!

Nice to know that it's still possible to have a great expereince in buying a horse.
    In a quoting mood.
    ...somewhere between the talent and the potato....

Quote Originally Posted by JSjumper View Post
    I'm really glad your new horse is working out for you, that's great! But that is one trainer that I would NEVER do business with, and I would never encourage a friend or fellow COTHer to either.
    With that said- congrats on the new horse!
    Agree with this.

Would love to know which one you bought....post some pictures!
    Anthony 'Tony' Soprano Sr.: If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them

IS THIS FOR REAL?!?!?!

Two posters on this thread have a total of three posts between them.

Just sayin'.

yep. im an alter.

Default Lance

I used to ride there, before I moved away, and he was far and away the best trainer I ever had. I learned more there, and my horse performed better there, than anywhere before or since. Honestly, after experiencing it myself, I really think they are the victims of a lot of sour grapes from others. We had a blast- I wish I still lived close enough to ride there.

OP, why post this five months after the purchase? Was it in your contract to give public props to the trainer in question?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

Is it just me or are there an unusual number of first time posters here for a thread with less than one page of posts? hmm....

You realize that all this thread makes me do is search for previous threads to see what else has been said, right? If you'd just shut up, I never would have realized there were bad things being said...

Oh, you smart and skeptical COTHers... noting new posters spontaneously coming here to give personal testimonials.

You (and COTH) are being used by the new form of social-media based advertising, that's all. Expect more as the line between an economically-interested post and information becomes slimmer.

Otherwise, I don't know the dude in question or any of these new posters. So I place no value on their recommendation.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat