The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    I feel for the poor sucker in FL that got a dangerous horse dumped on her. I hope she was paid really, really well.

I'm not sure who's crazier in this scenario, but it doesn't sound like any of them has trained enough horses to really know what they are doing. Or even to know that they don't know they don't know.

Looking forward to the finale !!
    (checks outside to see if hell hath frozen over-nope, still snowing as per usual here this time of year)

Look out Isabeau, I mostly agree with you LOL.
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Wow, what a mess!

I like the "22nd level" of energy she is working out towards and the energy "grids" around him/us. Woooo woooo cray cray.

Hopefully no one will get hurt in this. I agree that any major physical or mental stress is probably not a good idea for this horse. Unless he has someone who is willing and able to play this balancing act with him forever knowing that he may not be able to handle much work, I just don't see why they would try to do more than get him comfortable and stop him from being dangerous. It also seems to me that he and his owner have a toxic relationship, and while it CAN change, long term she needs to change more than the horse.

I know some horses are beyond redemption, but I hope this isn't the case with Oliver.

Thanks for posting, Karen, and I hope you give us an update on your Friesian one of these days!
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

My Mom had bred a Sebastiaan baby who was supposed to be my lifetime horse. Turns out when I was really getting him going doing hunters, pony club and eventing, something was nqr.

When he was 3 he flipped over in the field and broke his tail bone. He did like to rear a lot but once he was reminded why it wasn't nice to rear he was fine. We noticed he would have a little hitch in his gitty-long. At the canter some times he would switch leads in the hind end.

We shipped down to Leesburg for him to be looked at. It turned out he had jammed the last vertebre in his neck and made him a Wobbler. My parents did not have the money to do the surgery and we also didn't have the money to keep him as a pasture puff, while I went on with another horse.

We donated a horse that was 5th in the nation at his keurring to be put down and used for research. That was some 15 years ago and I saw the same vet at the MD horse expo this year and asked if he remembered what ever happened to him. He said that he had just pulled some of his samples and thanked us for allowing him to be used in research.

If the horse is dangerous and unsafe, you can aleast let their bodies go on to help others. Im interested in seeing the outcome

See, there are three problems here. 1) He was raised with a Miniature Horse-so he's essentially an 18 (or 16)hh mini with a minitude, still unweaned from his mini "mom"2) He has Wobbler's Syndrome. 3) he now has an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS learned behavior (the flipping while under saddle)

The liability she has undertaken even with these people being "properly informed" is enormous. It's the same type of thing people experience when rehoming animals that bite-even if they say 'hey this dog bites XYZ people' and the new owners are like "ok, thanks!" then he bites someone...guess what? The new AND the old owners get sued. I'll bet money that a good lawyer could even make a case against her for negligence for even allowing these people to get on the horse if they become injured (God forbid!)

You could not pay me enough money to EVER swing a leg over a horse like that. EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by witherbee View Post
    Wow, what a mess!

I like the "22nd level" of energy she is working out towards and the energy "grids" around him/us. Woooo woooo cray cray.
    Well, think of it this way: If they succeed, the horse will be "saved" and they can probably collect the $1 million from JREF for "woo" science that these trainers seem to believe will work. Of course, they probably should set up the protocols for the prize now..... (geesh. have they checked his "chakras"? Poor horse)

[actually, I don't think the money is offered any more. No one ever presented a valid science/psychic/whatever over all the years it was offered, so I think they now restrict it to something like approved "big name" types - e.g., Sylvia Browne (who keeps evading her promise to be tested).]

" I work with a hologram of the body to repair or replace organs, systems, tissues, and DNA, healing the body down to the cellular level."

Really! Repair or replace DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    " I work with a hologram of the body to repair or replace organs, systems, tissues, and DNA, healing the body down to the cellular level."

For me it was the 'replace organs.' Really? They can psychically replace organs? Somebody call all the patients on the transplant lists and let them know we've found a method to psychically regrow organs!! Phenominal !!

So a knee should be easy, right?

For me it was the 'replace organs.' Really? They can psychically replace organs? Somebody call all the patients on the transplant lists and let them know we've found a method to psychically regrow organs!! Phenominal !!
    How did I miss that? All those times I've had to put down horses for intestinal rupture or torsion when I could have just had their intesines, nay-their entire digestive tract-replaced psychically. AMAZING.

(btw, I did check, and no-there are no flying porcine outside my window)

You know, really, life is too short to mess with this kind of horse, regardless of "how" he got this way.

Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post

Hmmmm. I think the cloning thread is on the Sporthorse Breeding forum.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

But guuuuuysssss, he loooooveessss her!!!!1
    Every one of them had that look of a girl infatuated with horses, the happy, fated look of a passenger setting sail on the Titanic.

Still curious to see how this turns out. I have my own opinion about this situation but I am always on the horse's side.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

It’s an off-the-body modality
    at least she didn't say "Out-of-body!"
    Real Horses. Real Riders. Real Results! www.wvhorsetrainer.com

I have a pony that *jumps out of his skin* on occasion .

Default Deep Truth

Following the story of Oliver - can he be saved ? is interesting to me. One comment by a COTH member about DNA led me to this factoid I just discovered ....

My good friend and expert equine photographer Gabriele Boiselle gave me a book just recently that quotes....

" The recently developed science of epigenetics is based upon scientific fact. It proves that the genetic code that we call the "blueprint of life, " our DNA, changes with our environment. The piece that the traditional scientists are reluctant to talk about is that the environment changing our DNA includes more than the toxins in our own air and water, and more than the electromagnetic "noise" inundating those who live among the power lines, transformer stations, and cell-phone towers of the bigger cities in the world. The environment includes our very personal ,subjective experiences of beliefs, emotions and thoughts as well. "
    the book is Deep Truth by Gregg Braden

I say that for the horses that we have all loved and lost, and for the horses we still will meet, I encourage OLIVER'S story to be read and pondered.
    Karin Offield
    info@offieldfarms.com
    www.offieldfarms.com
    "Don't give up on anything that matters !"

"The earth is round!" "Bwahahahaha... nonsense".

any update on Oliver?
    mm

Quote Originally Posted by myrna View Post
    any update on Oliver?
    Yes, I was kind of surprised to see OP pop in and not mention a word about how the horse was doing.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."