The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default NC folks! Stuff to check out next week?

I will be in the Triangle-area next week, and I'm wondering if there's any interesting horsey stuff to check out. I don't think I'll be there through the weekend, so I won't be able to check out any of the local horse shows, but I'm wondering if there's a good tack shop I shouldn't miss? A particular area with drool-worthy barns to take a meandering drive? I am hopefully going to be relocating to NC within the next year, so I wanted to get a feel for the horse scene, which I know is great I will have a car, so I am not restricted to just the Triangle area.

Any tips are much appreciated!
    friend of bar.ka

Southern Pines is probably worth the drive, but if you want a great tack shop, head south to South Carolina (couple hours drive though) to the Tack Room in Camden, SC.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

My favorite drives are around Chapel Hill/Hillsborough - the land out there is gorgeous and there's a lot of old dairy farms that have been converted to horse farms.

If you want to see some nice horse farms, then Southern Pines is your place. We also have a good tack shop right downtown ("downtown" in SP is one road) called Cabin Branch. Lots of cute backeries and bistros for eating lunch, too.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Southern Pines is definitely worth checking out. Cabin Branch is a great tack shop and the horse farms on Youngs Road are drool worthy. It makes a fun day trip.

There isn't a hunter show next weekend in Raleigh at the James B Hunt horse complex but you could drive by there just to see it. There are 8 A and AA shows there every year along with a competitive C circuit.

Macnairs Country Acres is a big farm about ten minutes from the horse complex and it has a nice tack shop called M and M Tack.

Enjoy and hopefully, our weather should be welcoming.

Thanks everyone! I think going down to Southern Pines will definitely be doable
    friend of bar.ka