The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RV Horse Rig at Pine Top?

Does anyone have info on the kind of rig pictured on EN (first pic - announcement of bad weather delay)? There is a huge RV with obvious living quarters in the front and HORSES on the back - which I figure is a horse area?

I'm very interested and would love any pics of this kind of set up!

Looks like a Canadian "horse box". I can see what might be maple leaf insignias on it.

Prob. a european model...where's our link experts? we need DH to BUY one of these so we can go to Olde Hope in STYLE. . .
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Maple Hill Farm.

"I" first saw the horse van about 5 years ago at Paradise Farm Spring HT. We were all intrigued then
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Pretty sure that is Peter Barry's rig. He gave me a tour of it a few years ago at Millbrook, and it is BEAUTIFUL! It does indeed have living quarters up front (very nice living quarters) and the horses are in back.

After I got home I looked up the company online, and I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company that made it, but I am pretty sure the company that sells them is in Canada (though maybe import them from Europe)? I do remember that they were $$$$$ however! If I think of the website, I will post it here.

I believe Peter has a Scania horse box with extended living.

Our horse box's come in many horse sizes as well as tons of different living options from day to overnight. They are a much better way of traveling. The are easy to drive and have all the mod cons you could ask for. There are also very basic models.

Micro waves, fridge, cooker, shower, telly, beds, tables.

Oh, dawling, we canna live widdow da telly....
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

they had something like that one display at Rolex one year and it was around $700,000.!!!!!!!!

Is Jessica Phoenix competing at Pine Top this weekend? I saw the same RV at the Fork last year. Think it's hers.
    DragonTea

That trailer is pulled by a tractor unit - BIG money and running costs.
    http://www.wildsidellc.com/products_horse_01.html
    http://www.fthr.com/luxury-horse-tra...-trailers.html
    That size of truck would not work in Europe.
    Last edited by Equibrit; Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by shea'smom View Post
    they had something like that one display at Rolex one year and it was around $700,000.!!!!!!!!
    Those look really cool. I'd probably get it stuck in the mud first show!

aw - everything that peter has is beautiful - his truck, his farm and his horses - especially the horse we bought from him.

It's a beautiful rig.

Well, whoever it is, I am up for adoption, require no emotional commitment, just let me live in your rig. Thank you, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifer View Post
    Well, whoever it is, I am up for adoption, require no emotional commitment, just let me live in your rig. Thank you, that is all.
    I'm thinking an arranged marriage between his daughter and one of my eventer sons - that might work. Just kidding.

Anybody have first-hand experience with one of these willing to shed some light on their ventilation? I'm seeing few and small windows in the horse area on most models pictured. Aussies in particular--how do your horses keep cool in there when it's hot?

Also curious about stall sizes, as they look fairly tight, especially in length. Does the half-high enclosure I see on some go under the horse's head, akin to the 'mangers' on some US slant load trailers? How do you set one of these up to give a large horse a comfortable ride on a long trip?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bravestrom View Post
    I'm thinking an arranged marriage between his daughter and one of my eventer sons - that might work. Just kidding.
    Does he only have daughters? Dang -- well, heck, I could switch to girls for that.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoRider View Post
    Anybody have first-hand experience with one of these willing to shed some light on their ventilation? I'm seeing few and small windows in the horse area on most models pictured. Aussies in particular--how do your horses keep cool in there when it's hot?

Also curious about stall sizes, as they look fairly tight, especially in length. Does the half-high enclosure I see on some go under the horse's head, akin to the 'mangers' on some US slant load trailers? How do you set one of these up to give a large horse a comfortable ride on a long trip?

Thanks

I've had first hand experience with International vans....you can see one here

http://www.frankdibella.com/vans_search

No living quarters in the one's that I knew but you could pull a little RV trailer behind one if you wanted (or a car). Air flow was great...and the horses traveled really really well in them.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    I've had first hand experience with International vans....you can see one here

http://www.frankdibella.com/vans_search

No living quarters in the one's that I knew but you could pull a little RV trailer behind one if you wanted (or a car). Air flow was great...and the horses traveled really really well in them.
    I know a lady who has one and loves it, and I can see from the windows that it would ventilate just fine. Also has decently large stalls, in a typical US straight-load (forward or reverse) design.

I'm more curious about the Euro/Aussie/NZ models that appear to stack the horses in sideways, with windows in many cases on only one side. http://www.classichorsecoaches.co.nz/HC75# from cobiemurphy's list has more pictures of the horse area than most.