The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Have registered name, but cant read tattoo

Is there a way to find out my horses tattoo number if I have her registered name? I cant read either of their tattoo numbers and dont have their papers. Registered names are:
    CetInMyWays
    Rangeling Rock

Thanks!
    Happy Hour-TB
    Cowboy Casanova - Brandenburg
    Isadora - Palomino TB

Don't know why you want the tattoo (it is not easy to get), but if you just want to see their pedigrees here is how:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/cetinmyways

This is your filly's. To see the other horse, just type his name in the box in the upper left.

If you want to know race record and trainer etc. You can get it for $8 at www.Equineline.com --Reports.
    "He lives in a cocoon of solipsism"

Charles Krauthammer speaking about Trump

You can get the tattoo number/registration number. If you put in a tattoo identification request with the real name, dob, dam, and fill in the the markings section, they will send you the information. I did this a few weeks back for someone on the Eventing forum and it was easy peasy.

For the record, I called the JC and asked if this was against their rules and they said it was fine to do it this way. The reason you have to fill out the majority of the request is because they want to make sure you "know" the horse.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Thanks.
    I am planning on showing them in a OTTB hunter division and the rules require us to either have the tattoo # or jockey club papers. When I bought them, the owners didnt want them to return to racing so they didnt give me the papers.
    Happy Hour-TB
    Cowboy Casanova - Brandenburg
    Isadora - Palomino TB

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    If you want to know race record and trainer etc. You can get it for $8 at www.Equineline.com --Reports.
    You can get a breakdown of their race record for free on Equibase. www.equibase.com (I know this doesn't pertain to the tattoo, but in case you're interested...)

Once the screen loads, in the upper right-hand corner is a green box with "Horse's Name" in it. Delete that out and put in your horse's name and hit enter. It will show who the last trainer was and the last jockey to ride them in a race. Lower down it will show the last race they started in and finish placement. You can click on "Show all results" and it will show their entire record. Depending on how good the info is, you can click on "Chart" next to the race and it will tell you the race info, order of finish, etc and possibly notes from the announcer about how the horse performed. Below the race records is another section that you can expand that breaks down their starts per year. For example, here's one for the filly:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...87&registry=T#

Since the person you bought them from has the papers could you contact them for the information or a photocopy of the papers?

Christa

Often the coggins going with the horse at sale time has the tatoo noted...In case you had a copy still....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Buglet View Post
    Is there a way to find out my horses tattoo number if I have her registered name? I cant read either of their tattoo numbers and dont have their papers. Registered names are:
    CetInMyWays
    Rangeling Rock

Thanks!
    the 2008 filly should be L18889 [Pa-Br, not BC-nom]

i could not find the spelling "Rangeling Rock" on the other, could the name really be [for Can-br, not BC-nom] Ranglin Road ? which is a bay gelding foaled 2004 - that would be H44035 ... compare what you can see of the tattoos with those numbers ... might help ya