The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Researching a Judge's qualifications

I hope this question isn't repetitive, but I have searched the forum without finding my answer.

How does one check on the current status of a dressage judge at a local show. And do points count for scores earned under an L judge?

I was told that one judge had let her membership expire so that she is no longer officially an L judge. Also I would like to know that current status of some judges I'm unfamiliar with at some local shows.

It certainly isn't that my riding is so exquisite that it requires an educated eye to appreciate, but I thought there must be some official list out there of who is a currently qualified judge and what their levels are.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsTicket View Post
    I hope this question isn't repetitive, but I have searched the forum without finding my answer.

How does one check on the current status of a dressage judge at a local show. And do points count for scores earned under an L judge?

I was told that one judge had let her membership expire so that she is no longer officially an L judge. Also I would like to know that current status of some judges I'm unfamiliar with at some local shows.

It certainly isn't that my riding is so exquisite that it requires an educated eye to appreciate, but I thought there must be some official list out there of who is a currently qualified judge and what their levels are.

Thanks.
    Your post is a little confusing.

Technically, there are no such thing as "L Judges". They are "L-Graduates".

"L-graduates" are not allowed to judge at recognized shows, and only recognized show results count for USEF and USDF awards.

If you are talking about points for a local dressage organization, you will have to check with the rules for THAT organization.

For instance, I know that for Commonwealth Dressage and Combined Training Association year end awards, there ae not specific rules about L graduates as judges.

But other organizations may have different rules.

You can find a list of USEF licensed judges on the USEF web site under "officials". But that will not include any L-gaduates, as they are not licensed judges. (you need to be a USEF member to search the list)

On the USDF site, go to
    http://www.usdf.org/about/contact/Of...pePass=Faculty

That will allow you to seearch for L-Graduates, L-Graduates with distinction, recorded judges, Recognized judges, Senior judges, and International judges.

You can also search by name.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Wink

As Janet said.

Points are not considered for USDF awards except those accrued at recognized shows.

However your local club may have different criteria for their awards.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Default Thanks - just what I needed

Thanks to you all--that was the information that I needed