The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Oldenburg X in Florida

Located in Central Florida.

I have a 12 year old 17.1 hh Oldenburg/TB cross gelding that I desperately need to find a good home for. I'm moving away to college this coming August, and won't be able to continue working full time to pay for him.

I've owned him for the last 7 1/2 years, and have watched him come such a long way. When I first bought him, he was one of the worst abuse cases I have ever seen. He was 16.3 hh and weighed 650 lbs. Since then, he's grown to become a lovely, talented, sweet horse. He's been schooling lower level dressage and has not been jumped over anything more than a few crossrails. He goes barefoot and has always been 100% sound (minus one abscess mishap that we had 4-5 years ago).

He's been ridden by beginners, however I wouldn't call him beginner safe as he can have his silly moments from time to time. He really needs someone who is patient and willing to take the time to build up a trust and bond with him. He is definitely one of those horses that takes awhile to build a relationship with a person, but once he does he trusts you almost unequivocally and will do almost anything that you ask him to. He loves to be groomed and loved on, and really loves to lick and "give kisses".

google northhammock stables, I think it is www.northhammockstables.com but that may be stable w/o the 'S".

Robert has students there. It's his barn. See if he wants your horse. If he has someone he can sell it to, he'd make sure he gets a good student and home.

And it was great of you to rescue the horse!

pictures help! esp. pictures ( better still...videos) of him being ridden. That way someone can visualize better.
    How lucky he has been to have found you and how generous of you to offer him to a new home.

I will work on getting some additional videos and pictures online to post here. Here is one that I already had saved and ready to go:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/...1330298770.jpg

And a couple of others...

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/...lege11/joe.jpg

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/...e11/canter.jpg
    Last edited by College1; Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: adding pictures

Hello, I messaged you earlier our friend sent us a link to your ad because we have been looking for an oldenburg or X for afew months now and he sounds like he would be a perfect horse for our family. We have 15 acres in Williston,fl. Hope to hear from you thanks so much.

Thank you for your message - I just got the PM and will be giving you a phone call in just a few minutes!

Please call me. I am PMing you!

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Have you placed this guy yet?
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/