The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default H/J trainer on MA South Shore

Hi All!

I need recommendations for a jumper trainer on the South Shore... somewhere preferably between Braintree and Plymouth. I would need to be able to truck-in for lessons as I do not think where I am at would allow outside trainers to come in.

I have a SUPER talented horse but he's not super easy. I would love someone who can get on when needed and be able to get the job done.
    He is also reasonably green to jumping only has a solid year under his belt.

I am terribly out of shape and need a lot of work on myself. I would ultimately like to do the jumpers with this horse but we most likely need to go back, fill in the gaps for both of us and do some hunters/eq.

So basically someone who can deal with a difficult but talented horse, needs to be able to get on and ride, has patience to deal with an out of shape rider who works full time on a somewhat green horse haha
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

My guess is Riverwind Farm in Pembroke or Grazing Fields Farm in Buzzards Bay (just one exit beyond the Plymouth exit) might best suit what you describe you are looking for.

Kingsway Farm and/or Fieldstone Farm (both located at Fieldstone Show Facility in Halifax) may be worth looking into as well.

All mentioned places have a website. A simple Google search should do it!

I'd also recommend Riverwind farm. All the trainers there are really great. Very good with the difficult ones when I rode there!

Where there are only carousel horses to be had...

Another vote for Grazing Fields!
    “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” -Howard Thurman
    (}---{)