The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Saddle fitter in North Florida

I am in need of a saddle fitter to adjust the tree of my Schleese saddle. I need the tree widened. They are actually going to be in the ocala area next month but the one day they have open I dont think I can make it so either need someone that I can send the saddle of to with wither tracings and all that stuff or someone that can come to me. If anyone knows of someone it would be so much appreciated!

I know this is more of central florida, but I've heard rave reviews about Equestrian Imports
    Posted with my Android smartphone.

My saddle fitter lives in Green Cove Springs and travels all over. She has the equipment to widen trees. Her name is Lea Ann Rogers. I will PM you her contact info. Shes amazing AND does body work (massage, etc). Trained by Mike Scott. She does the majority of the dressage communities saddles here in Jax.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyTBMare View Post
    My saddle fitter lives in Green Cove Springs and travels all over. She has the equipment to widen trees. Her name is Lea Ann Rogers. I will PM you her contact info. Shes amazing AND does body work (massage, etc). Trained by Mike Scott. She does the majority of the dressage communities saddles here in Jax.
    Lea Ann is fabulous! Just rebalanced my Frank Baines...and my gelding loves her massages You won't be disappointed!
    Heather
    Green Cove Springs, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rprincess73 View Post
    Lea Ann is fabulous! Just rebalanced my Frank Baines...and my gelding loves her massages You won't be disappointed!
    Oh that's awesome! I saw the post after I responsed to your pm. Will definently give her a call!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyTBMare View Post
    Was also going to recommend Lea Ann if you were in the N.E Part of Florida although I do believe she travels a bit.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Does Hannah Johnson still work for Schleese in the Central Florida area? That is who I have always used when I haven't had Jochen look at my saddles when he is in Florida. I think she is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by eks View Post
    Does Hannah Johnson still work for Schleese in the Central Florida area? That is who I have always used when I haven't had Jochen look at my saddles when he is in Florida. I think she is very good.
    Yes, she still does and I second the recommendation
    her contact info

Actually I believe Hannah is no longer affiliated with Schleese officially although she still does work on their saddles. Sharon Cooper is going to be one the new rep in Florida; she's also a Mike Scott graduate.

Hello, I am Sharon Cooper an independent saddle fitter and an equine massage therapist located near Daytona Beach Florida. I am also certified as a Schleese to work on Schleese saddles. www.scequinemassage.com

I would also recommend Lea Ann Rogers! She is a very experienced saddle fitter and a great horsewoman. She helped me find the right saddle for me and my guy and has always been available for checking and tweaking whenever it was needed.

As far as the equine massage therapy goes, well, if she ever comes to the barn to work on another horse my guy will stand by the gate in his field and make goo-goo eyes at her the entire time until he guilts me into making an appointment for him.

She's good people.
    Old age is no place for sissies.
    Bette Davis