The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Barns near Auburn, AL

Looking for some good ideas for boarding near Auburn University. Any thoughts of good ones? Also, any to steer clear of?
    Looking for safe fencing, good turn out, great horse care. My daughter is an eventer, so access to some jumps would be great. Don't necessarily need a dressage arena (as long as there is a great flat place somewhere to practice), but it would be nice. Also, need a place where her current trainer can come occasionally to give her lessons!

Thanks for any help!!

H&G Horse Quarters is in Auburn very near campus. Several trainers that work there and they would probably allow an outside trainer if you asked. Primarily hunter/jumper but some eventers. Hosts a number of local and rated HJ shows throughout the year. http://hghorsequarters.com/

There's another farm, Jennamere? I don't know how to spell it. Owned by Marlene Bowman that is very nice.

You can PM me if you have any specific questions.

Another vote for H&G if you're determined to board in Auburn.

If you don't mind the drive to Montgomery (35 minutes), Foxwood Farms is an excellent eventing facility. We have several students that live in Auburn but board at Foxwood. I've boarded there for four years and have never been anything but completely satisfied. www.foxwoodfarms.biz
    Jonah 4:4: And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

College football season is HERE!!!

I though Southern Springs Equine was nice. They have a website if you google it I think. PM me if you want to know where to avoid

Foxwood was going to be my suggestion as well. It is on the Auburn side of M'gomery and easily accessed off of I-85. Lovely location and well respected trainer.
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Thank for the replies!! I agree Foxwood is lovely, but since she is an engineering major, the less time driving the better. So, I will have to cross that one off.

AUEventer, how do you PM?

I'd suggest visiting Southern Springs. I'm an eventer at Auburn as well, and chose this barn. It's very close to campus, I have time to go ride before my 8ams. Here's their website. It's really functional for me, having a jumping ring, a dressage ring, and then plenty of space to condition my horse w/ a few xcountry jumps. http://www.southernspringsequine.com/

I would also suggest Jennamere Farms, owned by the Bowmans. The barn is nice, and all the horses are taken care of. The barn is really well managed.

If you would like contact information for either of these feel free to PM me

Alabama123, I sent you a PM (private message). The way you PM someone, just click their username and a drop box appears with that option .
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl