The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default '02 tb mare sound healthy nice mover

***FOUND A NEW HOME! GOOD LUCK GAYLE AND BURGANDY WITH KAYLA IN THE SHOW RING THIS YEAR!

Located in Woodstown, NJ.

I got Kayla off this giveaway about 2.5 years ago. I was going to sell her but I think id be doing her a better service by offering her for free to a good home. I've invested a lot of time and money into her but its just not working out for me. I think I am just burnt out on the expense and stress of having her. Its not fun for me anymore and my patience is shot. So its best zhe go to someone else who can be a better match.

She is 10 year old tb mare, 15.2 pretty chestnut. Her regiatered name is To Battle. Her pedigree is very nice from what I've been told so she might make a goosd broodmare. She's great undersaddle. Walk/trot/canter. Goes in a light frame. Working training level dressage. Started laterals. Has beginnings of a change in canter. Started over fences but I don't jump much. I've obly jumped her a handful of times. Very nice mover when she's round and going.

The negatives are that she does crib. She's isn't destructive. I havent seen her do any damage. She usually cribs on metal. (?) She also gets herd bound to her friends and can be very difficult to catch. Once caught she can be a bit up in the cross ties moving around etc. If you bring her friends in she's perfectly content. Once riding she isn't concerned with her friends and will focus on work. If she was out alone it eliminates the whole problem. I can't find a boarding barn with private turnout I can afford and I don't want to bring in 3 horses to ride
    1. For these reasons I think shed be better placed then sold.

She is a terrific nare good mover good brain and if you can work with her catching problem you will have a terrific horse. I hate that I've spent so much time and money to give up on her but I just cant do it anymode and I need a break from horses.
    Last edited by SaluteAtX; Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: location

I need to get some updated pictures. She has filled out quite a bit, put on some weight and muscle

Photo from hunter pace - halloween '10

Trot video to small crossrail

Do you have any conformation pictures I'm very interested in her.

I know a teenager looking for a horse. I have forwarded the info to her trainer.

I need to take new pictures...but here is what I have

Photo 1

Photo from previous owner

photo 2

Have you checked with the previous owner to see if they would like her back? Sometimes situations change, and they might appreciate the call, or might have a friend that would take her.

She's really cute!

I'm not in contact with them anymore. Don't know how to reach them. I don't think they'd want her back anyway as she was left at the barn by previous owber who never paid board.

Going out on trial tomorrow for two weeks. Fingers crossed it works out! Thanks for all the replies and inquiries. I will contact anyone who messaged about her if she comes back.