The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Anyone from TN or GA? Help get a pup to his forever home!

It's a bit of a long story, but I've seen you guys work miracles with getting horses & ponies to their forever homes, so I'm hoping perhaps some COTHers might be able to help me arrange a similar small miracle for my sister.

To keep this short, we were ready to take the pup until the owner informed us that they no longer want to ship him via air. (Ad originally said they would). We are in Wellington FL, and the pup is located in southeastern TN. Wondering if there is anyone in that vicinity or in northern GA that would be willing to pick him up and help get the pup down to us? Am more than willing to pay for time & travel, and could even meet as far north as Orlando, maybe even a bit further. Have posted ads on uShip & requested quotes from professionals, but would really prefer to see it go to a fellow horse/animal person if possible. Please don't hesitate with any questions or additional ideas. Or, PM for more details.

She's gone through such an awful string of bad luck this past year. A broken pelvis (riding accident), followed by the loss of her once in a lifetime horse, and then of her heart-dog. She's had such a hard time and was so excited at the prospect of this new friend until they decided they wouldn't ship him. I'd really like to make this happen for her.

Thanks in advance

What size dog are we talking about here? If you arrange a transportation train, I can transport from Calhoun, GA (Highway 53 / I-75) to Atlanta, GA.
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

We shipped a dog from Oregon to New York with a guy on Uship...took a chance on them as they were just getting started, but was VERY happy. They were awesome! doggone express is who it was....I would use them again in a heart beat!

Google "On The Road Again" pet transport. They organize relays to transfer pets to new homes.

Thank you everyone for replying & PM'ing! We've gotten some wonderful people who've volunteered to get the little guy home! He has at least 3 potential rides right now.

You guys rock, as always!