The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Parlantis vs Ariat Monacos

Trying to decide which ones to get for my birthday. Please help me decide! Pros/cons of each? Anything is appreciated hHa

Thanks!

Depends on what you want them for.. the Monacos are not meant for you to ride in them hard/frequently/daily.. if you do, they will fall apart like wet paper- trust me, I went through 2 pairs in less than a year! Thank god I got them at Dover and they were wonderful about taking them back and finding me something better. They are beautiful and comfortable, but just don't hold up!

Parlantis, definitely. If you do a search this question has been asked before. You'll also find alot of people raving about Parlantis and alot of people...not raving about the Monacos. As I've heard it there were a ton of zipper issues, which I've had before in other Ariats.

Ok thanks guys! I'll do a search

I was looking at the Parlantis and they are lovely (will last better than the Ariats too from what I've been told). I ended up with Tredstones but only because they fit like the Parlantis and were cheaper! Store owner told me that she tries to talk people out of the Ariats as she's seen too many zippers failing and/or shredding within a few wears.
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

My Parlanti's have been my daily riding and showing boots for at least 5 years now (more like 6/7) and they are still in very good condition.
    I look after them but have definitely bathed horses and mucked stalls in them as well.
    I'd say they were some of the best money I've ever spent on something for riding.

I have a consignment shop and have both types of boots in my shop. Although both are nice, Parlantis are a better value.
    http://STA551.com
    845-363-1875

Parlantis are much better! I have had both. My the zippers on my ariats broke in a few months so i had to replace them. THen the inside of the calf began to wear down and the soles of the boot. They were comfortable but definately not enough quality for the price. I just got my Parlantis a few weeks ago at WEF and i love them! They took literally 3 days to break in! Those three days were HELL but seriously, only 3 days!!! All of the people at my barn have either Parlantis or Der Daus and the ones that have Parlanti have had them for years. The Parlantis are a few hundred dollars less expensive than Der Daus. Because I cannot afford custom boots, I got Parlantis off the rack and they are still just as good quality as customs. In all, DEFINITELY get the parlantis becuase they are both around 1000 dollars (custom parlantis start at 1300) and the Parlantis are much better quality than Monacos