The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up make the most of it!

I hope everyone and their horses are makig the most of the lovely weather; blankets off and curry mitt active! Helps the shedding out process; also brings up the oil as well as increasing circulation; for a shine you can see even in the dark! Start with 20 minutes of currying, increase by one minute/ day
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Good advice, Carol. Thanks
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Thumbs up

The wind was howling in KY yesterday. I curried my mare anyway, while trying not to suck down the hair floating in the air. Some old Pony Club habits never die.

It is a good thing that I did a good job of brushing, because I found a fresh V shaped wound on Tessie's left hind leg. Being a Bay, her legs are black, so I did not notice the wound until my brush swished over it.

The BO went out to the paddock to see if he could see on what she might have injured herself. He walked back to the washrack carrying a large hunk of Tessie's tail. He said, "Oh, this is what caused the loud commotion." Apparently, the wind had blown Tessie's tail onto the fence, it got caught, she thought the boogie man had her tail and kicked the fence to get away. Poor girl!

Fortunately, Tess is blessed with a very nice, thick tail, so I could not even tell that she had lost any of it.

Carol,
    I hope that everyone follows your advice. You never know what you might find while giving your horse a good grooming.

Does anybody know of a good company that makes horse tail bracelets?
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Took off my two four foots blankets this morning before leaving for work. I am anticipating the bay mare will be completely muddy on her right side. The ApHC gelding might have some mud on his butt, he's not big on rolling.

The mare *sigh* she cut up her head on a 5 minute trailer ride from the HT we went to on Saturday. Still treating it and going over every freaking inch of my trailer with white gorrilla tape to make sure she doesn't do it again.