The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Crosspost - Best place to find inexpensive TB hunter prospect?

I have been searching endlessly for a TB hunter prospect for a while now and can not seem to find any sound cute OTTB hunter prospects in my area (Maryland). Where is the best place to look? I have tried canter and some local TB resources but cant seems to find anything that is sound and cute for a reasonable price. It seems like everything I go to look at has some kind of old injury or is way overpriced. I have worked at the racetrack for years with some vets and had previously always been able to find nice prospects at reasonable prices (under $3000) most of the time they were free or very cheap. Now that i no longer work at the track and have lost most of my connections I cant find what I am looking for. I dont mind green or fresh off the track. Am I asking expecting too much and is it unreasonable to find a sound cute TB hunter prospect for that price?
    Any ideas of a place to look that is within MD/VA. I want to be able to go look at the horse first and not have to drive over 2 hours
    Happy Hour-TB
    Cowboy Casanova - Brandenburg
    Isadora - Palomino TB

Sent you a pm.

Where in Maryland are you? Penn National is less than 2 hours from the Baltimore area and CANTER PA frequently lists very reasonably priced prospects, all for under $2500.