The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Warmblood Stallion

Looking for input on picking the right warmblood stallion to use for my mare. I have an OTTB chestnut mare about 16-16.2h registered, good bloodlines very nice mare quiet, good mover excellent conformation.... perfect broodmare. I am looking for that stallion that will just improve on her qualities not necessarilly looking to breed for hunter/jumper or dressage more interested in producing an athletic, good conformation, with an excellent brain (a must) foal. Would appreciate some stallions to look into. Thanks

Default Sir Sinclair!

I hate to sound like a broken record (if you research my past posts), but you can't get much better than Sir Sinclair. I know him personally ans well as many of his offspring including my coming 5 year old homebred mare. Sir stamps his get (which is why he has won "Get of Sire" 3 or 4 years in a row at Dressage at Devon). Most look like thoroughbreds or TB crosses. Super friendly, intelligent, willing, and extremely athletic. The Sirs are more of a Sport Horse type rather than an uphill dressage type. They excel in dressage, eventing and the hunter world. My Sir can have 10 days off and I can just get on her and ride her in the wind on the top of my hill. She has very little mileage due to extreme growthiness and alot of time off, butshe already has an incredible work ethic. The Sirs can be a chalenge to fit for a saddle and they are almost too smart. I always say that if mine were a dog, she'd be a Golden Retriever. More of a dog personality than a horse. If you want more information you can get Iron Spring Farm's free DVD. There you can see Sir and many of his offspring. If you want something athletic, supple, capable, kind, and FUN, he's the ticket. Please feel free to PM me for more information. I'm sure I've bored everyone on COTH to tears with my posts on Sir so I'll give it a rest.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

Do you have any pics? What have you done with her?
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

I bred a mare just like yours to Coromino and loved the outcome.

I'll throw out an Irish Draught Steeped in Luck- dressage I1 and long listed for the Candian Olymipic team. He will give you bone, jump and movement along with a good brain.
    http://www.pairadoxfarm.com/page/page/2683048.htm
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

Roc USA... I have heard he crosses very well with TB mares.

We have a super Darco stallion who would cross nicely with a TB mare. He offers bone, power, balance and lots of jump and he's a sweetie pie!He is approved with BWP and you can see him on our site... Hidalgo Va De Molenberg.

Happy hunting!
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

Default Look at Gauguin du Cheval

Gauguin du Cheval crosses well with TB mares. The offspring have great conformation, routinely jump 5' and have all been Class One foals with "9" gaits. They are lovely horses and very athletic.

See www.teamgauguin.com

Photos of a colt out of TB mare (Gauguin's Impression) at:

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...20du%20Cheval/

Photos of Georgia on My Mind, a Diploma Mare out of a TB mare at:

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...20du%20Cheval/
    Georgia Langsam
    Team Gauguin, LLC - www.teamgauguin.com
    Standing Gauguin du Cheval 9054, Prestige II TG, Gauguin's Impression, Gauguin's Brush and Weltfrieden TG

Ironman crosses exceptionally well with TBs. He is very ami-friendly as well as easy to train and work with, traits he passes on to his offspring. Ironman is a very versatile sire, he has offspring winning in all disciples.
    Nancy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronmanChristmas05.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	35021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imanhorsesinc..jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	35022  
    Home of Ironman: GOV, BWP, RPSI, CSHA, AWR, ISR Oldenburg, CWHBA, CSHA, CS, and PHR.
    www.ironmanonline.com

YES. YES, to Ironman. I have a coming yearling, she is so kind and people oriented. Plus she is gorgeous. I am so looking forward to two year from now when I can ride her. Her dam is TB, and Ironman gave her more bone, substance and a wonderful temperment , plus gorgeous gray color! She is also a 10+ mover.. Watch for her in Hunter Breeding this year.

NSM is one of the best, most knowlegeablen and honest horsewomen you can meet.
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

Quote Originally Posted by HyperionStudLLC View Post
    We have a super Darco stallion who would cross nicely with a TB mare. He offers bone, power, balance and lots of jump and he's a sweetie pie!He is approved with BWP and you can see him on our site... Hidalgo Va De Molenberg.

Happy hunting!
    Love your Darco boy - he is lovely.. just need a good mare for him now!
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

If you are interested in Darco blood, check out Valentino Z. His offspring out of TB mares have scored Premium across registries. Valentino Z competed internationally with Judy Ann Melchior as well as in the US with a Junior at 1.40m. Lots of repeat breeders . He reliably puts a great top line, movement, jump and temperament on his offspring.

I 2nd Ronda on Valentino Z. My 2011 filly pictured below is out of a 16.1 1/2 hands TB mare. She is HUGE and very nicely put together in my opinion. I have another Val baby due in the next 30 days and one of my boarders was so impressed with the 2011 filly that she bred her fancy breeding stock paint mare to him. She is due mid to late April. I am breeding one more to him this year,the full sister to this one's mother.

http://www.hilltopfarmva.com/_images//DSC03171.JPG
    www.hilltopfarmva.com

Facebook: Hilltop Farm VA

I would love to hear more about your mare's pedigree and see pictures of her. We have had several nice foals by Escapade out of our 2 TB mares. We decided last year to cross one of them to Amazing and she is due in less than 2 months. All the foals I have seen by him so far are very nice. I am hoping for a keeper filly from that cross.
    More information on these two boys can be found at
    Escapade
    www.barringtonhill.com
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Es...26765330669336

Amazing:
    http://www.cornerstonefarmpa.com
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Am...24022764291405
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube