The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sound 8 yr TB Mare in MA **Placed**

Daring Dreamer is ready to get going on the rest of her life! With a soft spot for TBs, I have taken in several over the last few years then when ready, rehomed them. "D" is my latest needy child.

She is 15'2" and was purchased from auction in June '10. Since then she has spent some time gaining weight and strength, extensive groundwork and some light undersaddle work.

She has excellent manners; crossties, ground ties, clips (even ears), mane pulling, farrier and vet all no problem. Turns out well with others and is currently barefoot (would probably appreciate front shoes for regular riding work).

She is not a flighty or spooky type TB, but she is sensitive to the aids, so someone with previous green horse experience would be best. D has w,t,c under saddle, as well as a limited amount of trail riding, which she was very brave about.

Pedigree here; http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...number=7174349

Some pics can be seen here; http://pets.webshots.com/photo/25645...96674608sLiSaS

The final word on D is she is very pretty and so sweet. She is the first mare I have ever had and I have been won over! All potential homes will be thoroughly vetted. Thanks for your interest!
    Last edited by Tux61096; Mar. 18, 2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Updating horse's age

Hi,
    Is this mare still available ?

Quote Originally Posted by pook View Post
    Hi,
    Is this mare still available ?
    Yes she is. Feel free to PM me any other questions you might have.

Default Bump

Just putting this girl back on page 1.

Default UPDATE

As an update on this sweet girl, she has been going out trailriding regularly and she loves it! I think she could make up into a great ladies fieldhunter. I will be introducing her to the hounds come next month and if she's still with me, I will take her out hilltopping in the Fall season.

Please feel free to pass the word!

Your mare is lovely! I wish it was two months from now... I won't be ready to take a horse home until the end of August or the beginning of September. If your girl is still available you may hear from me then!

Quote Originally Posted by rcostantino View Post
    Your mare is lovely! I wish it was two months from now... I won't be ready to take a horse home until the end of August or the beginning of September. If your girl is still available you may hear from me then!
    Thank you!!

Also, for eventers and breeders, this mare is a guaranteed single carrier of the large heart gene (X-linked) through Royal Academy and has more than a 50% chance of being a double carrier (damsire Cherokee Run is a carrier and dam's dam Mite Promise is a single carrier with a 50% chance of being a double carrier)....we are, unfortunately, full...good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Wits End Eventing View Post
    Also, for eventers and breeders, this mare is a guaranteed single carrier of the large heart gene (X-linked) through Royal Academy and has more than a 50% chance of being a double carrier (damsire Cherokee Run is a carrier and dam's dam Mite Promise is a single carrier with a 50% chance of being a double carrier)....we are, unfortunately, full...good luck!
    Oh, that's so cool! Thanks for that information, Wits End Eventing.

Sent you a PM. )

Default Another bump

Still have this sweet girl. Unfortunately, work has gotten in the way of my plans to introduce her to hunting, but honestly, I would expect it to be a non-issue, she just needs someone to get her out there. Anyone can handle this girl on the ground and an intermediate rider could take her out on the trails.

Trailriding, hunting, perhaps endurance, these are the types of jobs this sweetheart will enjoy. She just needs someone to give her a chance.

What a lovely mare. I hope someone loving scoops her up.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Default Bump for any breeders out there

Quote Originally Posted by Wits End Eventing View Post
    Not that many are looking for brood mares these days, but thought this would be the time of year to bring breeder attention to this girl. Barefoot, fine in group turnout, great ground manners, sound and rideable.

See first post for pedigree and pics links.

Lovely mare!
    ~Rest in Peace Woody...1975-2008~

Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    Lovely mare!
    Agreed.

Default Kari pm sent!

Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    Lovely mare!
    Hi Kari, replied (finally) to your pm.

I can't believe a nice mare like that went through Camelot. Well bred and a money earner. It just makes me crazy. I wonder how she ended up there.

Bumping for you ... if I could find a way to get her to FL I'd love to have her!

Wow - Royal Academy.

Hello, anybody look at Black Caviar's pedigree?
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Is she still available? Where in MA are you? Any video of her moving?

Sent PM