The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2 older geldings need forever home. Winfield, PA

I have 2 horses in need of their forever home. We are located in Winfield, PA (which is about an hour north of Harrisburg). Maxx is around 25 yrs old. He is a gelding quarterhorse mix that I "rescued" from the Middleburg Auction when he
    was around 14 yrs old. He was my first experience finding out what the auction buyers were all about. He has been and still is a sweetheart! He is a very easy keeper with no real health issues. Just eats pasture, hay, & senior feed twice a
    day. He should just be a pasture buddy because of his loss of muscle tone and fat.
    Timer is a registered gelding Quarterhorse also around 25 yrs old that I never got papers for because I was told they were lost in a fire. I got him from a farm that had many Draft and Mini horses. When I found him he was knee deep in
    mud/manure so he is kind of a "resuce" too. He was around 13 yrs old when I got him. He is also a very easy keeper with the same feeding and health as Maxx. He could still probably be lightly ridden though. He is also a sweetie!
    I have the vet come once a year in the fall to do all their shots and a general check up and she was just here so they are current on vaccinations. I have not had the farrier come in a long time because they keep their hooves worn down somewhat acceptable.
    It saddens me greatly to have to resort to finding them a new home and I type this with tears in my eyes. I am in a position that I have no other choice because of a lawsuit that I have been in for the past 3 1/2 years with the builders of my home. It doesnt go to trial for another 6 months so the mortgage company has begun the foreclosure process. I will likely not have a home for me and my children, let alone 2 older horses, in the next 2 months. It is a long complicated mess. . . There is mold in the home and we need to move because of the potential health concerns for me and my children.
    It is not something that I want to do but rather something that I HAVE to do so if you can offer any assistance at all with the horses, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Amy
    Last edited by amyyost; Jan. 6, 2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Location in title

i cannot help with the horses,sorry............but sending jingles.....sorry things have gotten to thhis point

Amy, please let us know if you are getting any interest or maybe find them homes.

Any news on finding your mares a home?

Default Still looking....

Havent heard of any interest yet. They are geldings...

tough times

bump for the boys

Default Still available if anyone can help

Still looking for a forever home for the boys...

Taken from a post on FB: Everyone please beware of a place called "Thunder Mountain Farms" pet service in Jackson, Pa. They are NOT a rescue who takes in and evaluates and rehabilitates horses. They look for free horses or agrees to adopt and immediatley post them on craigslist for profit.She begged me to waive adoption fee for our horse cuz she was having his teeth done and didn't even take him off the trailer before she posted for sale. He is here and safe now.

Their names are Emily Henn and her boyfriends name is Shawn Wetzel, sometimes she uses both last names even though they aren't married.

Have you tried contacting: Helping Hearts Equine Rescue or LaMancha Animal Rescue, they might have room or can help you place them Good luck!!

I have a feeling that the OP isn't following this thread closely now. I hope she reads your post. It's a dangerous world for these horses.

Thanks for sharing this info.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Moo View Post
    Taken from a post on FB: Everyone please beware of a place called "Thunder Mountain Farms" pet service in Jackson, Pa. They are NOT a rescue who takes in and evaluates and rehabilitates horses. They look for free horses or agrees to adopt and immediatley post them on craigslist for profit.She begged me to waive adoption fee for our horse cuz she was having his teeth done and didn't even take him off the trailer before she posted for sale. He is here and safe now.

Their names are Emily Henn and her boyfriends name is Shawn Wetzel, sometimes she uses both last names even though they aren't married.

Have you tried contacting: Helping Hearts Equine Rescue or LaMancha Animal Rescue, they might have room or can help you place them Good luck!!