The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hunter Trainer/Rider near Lex KY?

Looking for someone to school a hunter over fences a few times this spring. Would need to trailer to their facility or go to Masterson. Doesn't need to be professional; just someone who rides young hunters well and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Any ideas?

I don't know of anyone in lex besides Elaine Schott/ natassia hover at river mountain farm. I found their lesson rates to be very reasonable. You might be able to find the training ride rate on their website.

http://www.rivermountainfarm.com/

Punchestown stable might also be worth a look but I don't have any experience with them just have heard good things.

Good luck finding someone.
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

My old trainer just moved there from CA and is not only a fantastic instructor, she is especially good riding and training the youngsters. She started 2 of mine from scratch, one went on to lead the small Jr hunters in country for most of the year until she was sold. I started with her doing short stirrup and rode with her all the way up to the medal/maclay finals.

Not sure what she charges but she is doing freelance work while she gets her judges licence and I'm sure would drive out to you. And I guaranty you will get more than your money's worth. Call her: Cris Chastain 818-261-6866.

PM if you want more info.

Sent you a PM
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

The woman who rides and trains for me full time is exceptional with young and green horses and has a lot of experience bringing along hunters and jumpers of varying talents and experience levels. You are welcome to come here any time! She might also be willing to work with you in Lexington. You can call me at 859-221-3531 for more info. Her name is Sarah Conyers and she is very well regarded in this area.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Thumbs up

I'd recommend Craig Shegog, he has really helped me with my horse. http://craigshegog.sharepoint.com

Sent you a PM. Not a hunter-specific rider here, but happy to help if I can.
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."