The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone else have trouble with David Mullinix?

I ordered 3 photos from him in October from VSF. The (2) 8x10's I ordered arrived, but the much larger, much more expensive print I ordered never arrived.

I have emailed him, both thru his website and thru photoreflect, as well as calling, and no answer or responses.

I'm getting quite mad for two reasons:
    1- the large picture was of my first horse at his last 'BIG' show (he's currently flirting with retirement)
    2- it was REALLY expensive! I've never paid so much for a picture! But I figured, hey he looks great, I don't look like I'm about to die, it's his last show and he won the class!

Anyone have a better way of contacting him? I've tried his cell phone and both emails to no avail... It's a little ridiculous, it's been 4 months, 3 months since my other pictures arrived!

I JUST WANT MY PICTURE!

Any ideas COTHers?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Did you order them online or in person?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Do a search on the eventing forum...LOTS of people have had trouble with him. Shows need to stop having his as a photographer -- yeah, good pictures, but IF they ever arrive. Most of the time they never do until you harrass him enough and then they suddenly appear...postmarked the day you finally got ahold of him to yell and scream. Funny how that works.

roamingnome, I would check with your post office. I ordered prints from Dave in Vermont and while the 8x10 and smaller prints arrived, I had a lot of trouble getting the poster-size one. For whatever reason, when he sent it, it kept getting returned to him. We collaborated and he finally sent it to a different address (my apartment out at college instead of to my parents' house) and it got there right away.

I've never had an issue with him and have always found him to be helpful/easily accessible...but I guess I'm one of few?

Either way, I would check with your post office on that large print and see if there's a possibility that tubes do not get to you. I know it sounds really odd, but my parents do not receive things that are sent in tubes - they have to be sent to me.

If he sends it via the USMail ask him to use Delivery Confirmation. It isn't the best tracking system on the planet but it will tell you if and when it got sent out, then it'll tell you when it gets to your post office and if they are trying to deliver it (left it at the po for you to pick up) or have left it (somewhere, not necessarily at your mailbox). It's maybe a dollar extra if you use the E labels you generate at home.

There are so darn many of them that ignore you until they get the call or better yet the certified letter, and then viola, your item shows up!
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Just keep bothering him. It took multiple emails over the course of a couple of months for me to get the last picture I ordered from him.

I would just call/email ten times a day and annoy him to death. Could it have gotten lost in the mail? Even though that wouldn't be an answer for him to not return any messages. I hope you get it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    There are so darn many of them that ignore you until they get the call or better yet the certified letter, and then viola, your item shows up!
    Do you pay by credit card? I would think disputing the charge on your CC would be motivation enough to get them to send your pictures promptly.

Well I'm glad it's not just me! (I guess...)

I'll just have to call him everyday till he finally answers!

To answer y'alls questions- the deliveries were shipped to my parents house, they are both retired so one of them is always home, and we get odd-shaped packages all the time (golf clubs, bocce balls, anything to keep two retired people entertained...)

BAC- I did pay online with a credit card, do you think even 4 months after I could still dispute a charge? Even when about half of it was received? (Meaning I received two pictures, but not the big expensive one?)

Thanks for all of your help!

Whether you can dispute it depends on the terms of your credit card. Usually the window is 90 days, but check the web site for your card and look under Disputes and it will tell you. I've disputed a couple charges in the past and it was really easy to do.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Keep calling. I went to an event in September 2011, and didn't get the photos until November or December. I called multiple times and emailed multiple times. Finally got the pics. grrr.

I have never had a hunter/jumper or eventing photographer be that slow and be so hard to get in contact with.

Is he going be near you sometime soon? I don't know what VSF is, but he's at a show I'm going to tomorrow and seems to be around here (Texas) pretty frequently. If you could go to a show he's at he can't really avoid you, can he?

I had a thread on them in the eventing forum. I had a terrible time getting my photos from them. I called and emailed about 7-8 times over the course of 8 weeks asking for an ETA on the photos. Never heard anything. Finally get a nasty call from David's wife(?) about how I should just chill and everyone knows that it takes at LEAST 8 weeks to get photos and how dare I tell people that they were hard to get up with.

I finally got my pictures but I will not do business with them again.

It took me 10 months to get 2 photos. But after calling / faxing / emailing / texting / calling the show manager, etc. multiple-multiple times I finally got mine. Needless to say I won't order any more from him -- but the ones I did order (and finally received) are very nice.
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

On my email receipt it specifically says

"Thank you for your purchase! You should expect your order within 2 to 3 weeks."

Sooooo how long do I give it? Been 3 weeks, but I know he's been busy at shows. This thread has made me nervous about being overly patient.

Thought I'd update this by letting y'all know it's been over ONE YEAR and still no photo.

Talked to him a few weeks ago and said to send him a text with order #, and my shipping address. Did that, no response. After 15 more attempts over the last 4 weeks, I ended up threatening him with canceling the CC. Still nothing.

Unbelievable.

Was your credit card actually charged? And if so, and you haven't disputed the charge for over a year, what were you waiting for? You should also file a complaint with BBB.

Yes it was charged.
    I did receive 2/3 of my order, and every third month or so I actually get a hold of David and he says he'll get it out the same day. Funny how it never actually happens though.

After all the hubub about how the photogs are loosing all of their income due to people stealing pictures, it's a shame that this photog can't live up to actual income he's received.

I'm glad you got at least part of your order, but I still think you should contact your cc company and BBB. There is no excuse for him taking this long.