The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I think its a good name. Years ago I leased and showed a horse named Private Thoughts. To this day I still think it's a weird name. LOL.

Cute name...I had a jumper stallion with a show name of "Chock Full of Nuts".
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Cool Very Nice Name ````

A VERY NICE NAME ``` no need to worry
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

This is a funny thread! I think the name is fine, really.

I grew up riding "Big Red". In high school the jokes never ended... when my horsie to be came with a barn name of Willie, it got changed before he set foot in the trailer to come home!
    Horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to the time they are with them.
    ~ Xenophon, 350 B.C.

love the name!!! My girls show name is white trash party I just love the song by eminem!!! who cares what anyone thinks...its all fun!!
    My Answered Prayers**Daisy
    Willing to Please - Hero 5/10/87-7/14/09 My Life will never be the same

A gypsy caravan somewhere in Eastern Europe

I think it's a lovely name actually - very classy and pretty, well done coming up with it! Though I must say this is one of the greatest topic titles ever. You just HAVE to click on it

Two racehorses:

Pima Pants
    Peony's Envy
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Gosh, some of you must have not seen this race call at Monmouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQRlZw4Rad0

Absolutely hilarious. The announcer sure did have fun with it

And yes, both horses are owned by the same guy.

Eileen
    Mad Mare™ Studio
    Custom Swarovski®, Czech glass and gemstone browbands in Circlet, Diadem and Tiara styles. Matching stock pins, bracelets and belts.
    http://MadMare.com

Another race call at Saratoga. This time with a horse named "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR". It sounds like it was edited, but there is a newcast about the race in the sidebar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6-z...eature=related

Eileen
    Mad Mare™ Studio
    Custom Swarovski®, Czech glass and gemstone browbands in Circlet, Diadem and Tiara styles. Matching stock pins, bracelets and belts.
    http://MadMare.com

maybe robin greenwood can help me out with this? wasn't grand central named "between the sheets" before she owned him..... or was that one of JF's horses?

i had "in the nude" and " c.o. jones"

Quote Originally Posted by hntrjmprpro45 View Post
    Or "All night long"
    Hntrjmprpro - funny that you mention that. My old mare's dam was All Night Long. She was an A circuit hunter back in probably the mid-80s. My mare was Fan Dancer. I bred her and have her baby, All About Me. The year she was born, I had to have an "A" name and thought about All Night Dancer. But, with this horse's personality, All About Me fit.

Cute thread! I HAD to look up Cunning Stunt. She was foaled in --ahem--'69. After an inglorious career, she was shipped to Ireland, and then to France in 1975. Probably not long for this world after going there. And I had to be VERY careful typing her name.

Peony's Envy! snort!

OP--that's a perfectly nice name, and I totally second Nightie as a barn name--super cute.

It's a great name! I love it!

This has turned out to be rather amusing. I figured the title would either get me in trouble or get create a little humour... I'm glad it was the latter.

Thanks for all the support on her name. I'm so glad that our theme song won't be "Roxanne"!

OP-if you like the name, then use it! Not inappropriate at all, and not even close to some of the ones mentioned!
    I named my first filly Working Class--needed a W name, it was suggested by someone special, and I loved it the minute I heard it as it fits us to a T! I used to worry about what folks would think, but now she has a the beginnings of a great show record so who cares!!

BTW, love love love "Pillow Talk"!!
    "It is the tragedy of the world that no one knows what he doesn't know--and the less a man knows, the more sure he is that he knows everything." Joyce Cary

I forgot the best one!

Racehorse ( I think an Aussie) by Pursuit of Love out of My Discovery

named

(wait for it)

Geespot
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I feel like an idiot, but I can't think of what the other meaning is (for the first one... I can get it for the second one). Don't enlighten me, I think I like my little G-rated mind, but feel free to laugh at me!
    Honestly, when the lady pointed it out to me I was disgusted. I liked my G-rated mind too!

Definitely not laughing at ya!
    "There are times when you can trust a horse, times when you can't, and times when you have to."

I showed a horse named Playgirl at my first barn.. I was 4. Only now do I realize the obvious reference to Playboy.
    A friend of mine also showed her horse as "Your Boyfriend" when she went to unrecognized events.
    No, I don't think the name is slutty at all, and I actually thought of the KOL album too.
    "It's hard to wait for something you know might not happen, but it's even harder to give up when you know it's everything you want."
    Blog | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mare View Post
    Another race call at Saratoga. This time with a horse named "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR". It sounds like it was edited, but there is a newcast about the race in the sidebar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6-z...eature=related

Eileen

This had me in tears I was laughing so hard.
    I love the name! Not slutty at all
    I think mildly... flirty? names are fun. There's a pony I see around a bit named "Fergalicious" and yes, some announcers will sing when her name is called...
    I like mares. They remind me of myself: stubborn know it alls who only acknowledge you if you have food.
    Hannah B. Nana: 50% horse, 50% hippo
    Fiona: can't decide between jumpers or napping

I knew a horse named No potatoes

If my friends mare has a filly (cross fingers she is due any day) it will be Royal Pain in the Ash
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

1 members found this post helpful.