The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by over the moon View Post
    Bringing back this link seems appropriate: http://www.faniq.com/blog/The-Dirtie...Ever-Blog-8579

Compared to a lot of those, my mare sounds like a saint!
    Why would anyone name their horses those names! Hahahahah that's too funny. I love your mares name and it doesn't sound suggestive or slutty at all

I think its fine!
    i think of what time i am always riding at! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by reefy! View Post
    Now if you had said "Only AT Night", that might be a little hinky.....
    Or "All night long"

I remember showing against a horse named 'cum bucket'. Naive 13 year old me thought it was a play on the band 'Chum Bucket' from disney's the Weekenders, but he's still out there now. Why would you even think of that?!

Smile

Not at all…love Kings of Leon.
    friend of bar*ka

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    The key, if you screw up, is to go on as if nothing happened. If you stop dead and there's silence over the airwaves, everybody knows what you just said. If you keep going, they wonder: "Was that my filthy mind, or someone else's?"
    In college, I once had to do a presentation/speech type thing on Titus Andronicus in my Shakespeare class. I was saying something about the character "Bassinus," whose name I could never pronounce (still not really sure about the correct pronunciation). Anyway, the first time I said the name, I pronounced it: "Bass-e-inus" then paused to reconsider the pronunciation, decided that I pronounced the ending wrong and then just said "anus" without pronouncing the entire name.

That was neat. Yeah, people noticed.

And I think the first pronunciation was right anyway.

OP - I don't think the name sounds dirty at all!

I dont think the name is "slutty" at all. A friend of mine had a mare named Nasty Basty

(Sidebar, this particular comment was made in front of her 11yo daughter, who of course asked, "what's slutty?" Her father elaborated by saying that slutty was like flirty, but with more make up.)[/i][/QUOTE]

I loled at this. & this general thread! Love the show name.

Its a great name!

I personally had a pony named "Double Stuffed" (it was an Oreo reference) who was a black and white paint, and always a little on the plump side... never realized that was a dirty name until someone at the barn pointed it out.... ironically her kids ponies name was "Pocket Rocket".... classy.
    "There are times when you can trust a horse, times when you can't, and times when you have to."

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    I'm old. I think of "one if by night", which IIRC had to do with the Revolutionary War, or cat burglars.
    One if by land and two if by sea, and I on the opposite shore shall be.

I thought, "Only By Night" = masked superhero who only does their super-heroing at night....As mentioned, you want slutty, look at QHs, especially names involving "zipper."

i don't think it's slutty....my mare's mother had an awful name though, Tess Trull....a trull is a hooker...poor girl. had my girl's name been made from her parents' names, she could have been Trull Protocol (Chief Protocol, Tess Trull), which would actually be little humorous.
    Gracious "Gracie," 2002 TB mare
    Facebook me!

I have Higher Standards ...do you?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarAndSpite View Post
    Its a great name!

I personally had a pony named "Double Stuffed" (it was an Oreo reference) who was a black and white paint, and always a little on the plump side... never realized that was a dirty name until someone at the barn pointed it out.... ironically her kids ponies name was "Pocket Rocket".... classy.
    I feel like an idiot, but I can't think of what the other meaning is (for the first one... I can get it for the second one). Don't enlighten me, I think I like my little G-rated mind, but feel free to laugh at me!

1 members found this post helpful.

Some years ago I encountered a racehorse named Pheasant Plucker... and another called Peony's Envy.

I still want to own a horse named Upsidedown and Backward, so the show announcer can say "Next to show, it's Linny riding Upsidedown and Backward!" Truer words... truer words...
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

2 members found this post helpful.

Well my horse likes to stick her tongue out so I joke that her show name should be either Oral Fixation or Tongue Action. We stick with her JC name which is A True Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukluk View Post
    I guess I was disappointed because I thought there would actually be a slutty name.... like that poor racehorse...

Cunning Stunt

At least I think that was the poor girls name. Geez. Obviously named by a man.
    Look it up yes there was a TB named York Hunt.

haha not at all! I like it. My mare's show name is Viktoria's Secret... which some people love and some people hate. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorses View Post
    haha not at all! I like it. My mare's show name is Viktoria's Secret... which some people love and some people hate. lol.
    We had a Victoria's Secret as well... I quite like her name

My Junior/AO Jumper who is now a retired broodmare show name is Temptress. I have had some fun thoughts on naming her kids but have stuck to classic names for resale value. Although, if she does have a foal that I do decide to keep as my next jumper, I may have a little fun with the name but nothing too naughty.

One of my barn mates, use to have a junior hunter named: No Sh*t Sherlock. Most of the times the announcers left off the middle part.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I feel like an idiot, but I can't think of what the other meaning is (for the first one... I can get it for the second one). Don't enlighten me, I think I like my little G-rated mind, but feel free to laugh at me!

DO NOT click on the link.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...uble%20Stuffed
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by hntrjmprpro45 View Post
    Or "All night long"
    see this makes me start singing the Lionel Richie song, not ness. something dirty

I like the name, OP.

There was a racehorse named Panty Liner...yeah. I absolutely think race horse names run neck and neck with QH names...
    "to each his own..."

just a horse obsessed girl who finds blogging way more fun than being an adult...
    http://equinerainman274.wordpress.com/

2 members found this post helpful.