The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

We had a very successful End of Season sale last week, with 16 counted so far as sold and the numbers still coming in. I think that's very good for a first time effort, and a one day event. Thank all of you who came, looked and bought so very much.

Now, the end of the season is drawing ever closer and we have some wonderful animals left who really need to find homes. Pleae, someone, open your heart to one of these great horses, they repay you many times over.

Take a look at Hide Song. This beautiful guy is a real bargain at $600. And, the trainer told us that price is very negotiable.

Also, King Rodeo needs to find a home quickly. He is a gorgeous animal, and according to the trainer just needs some time off. The asking price for him is $750, and like most of these horses, that is highly negotiable.

There is also Best at Law. We haven't seen this trainer in a while, and I'm betting that by now that $1,500 price is also very negotiable. He lost an eye this year, but golly, he's a gorgeous animal, and most people on an earlier thread about him thought that it wouldn't be a problem.

In addition to those three, make sure you look at these guys:

Fifty-three Cards currently $600 and negotiable. The owner loves this horse and wants desperately to find him a good and loving home.

Alicia's Quick Draw who is newly reduced to $600 negotiable. Another sweetie who wants to be somebody's horse.

Coboshack This guy has been off the track for a bit, and the trainer wants to see him off to a good home. He has reduced the asking price to $1,000 which is, again, negotiable.

These are all nice horses, who need to find someone to love them. Isn't there someone out there who has room in their hearts for them?
    Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past - let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
    Kennedy

Louise is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

We had a very successful End of Season sale last week, with 16 counted so far as sold and the numbers still coming in. I think that's very good for a first time effort, and a one day event. Thank all of you who came, looked and bought so very much.

Now, the end of the season is drawing ever closer and we have some wonderful animals left who really need to find homes. Pleae, someone, open your heart to one of these great horses, they repay you many times over.

Take a look at Hide Song. This beautiful guy is a real bargain at $600. And, the trainer told us that price is very negotiable.

Also, King Rodeo needs to find a home quickly. He is a gorgeous animal, and according to the trainer just needs some time off. The asking price for him is $750, and like most of these horses, that is highly negotiable.

There is also Best at Law. We haven't seen this trainer in a while, and I'm betting that by now that $1,500 price is also very negotiable. He lost an eye this year, but golly, he's a gorgeous animal, and most people on an earlier thread about him thought that it wouldn't be a problem.

In addition to those three, make sure you look at these guys:

Fifty-three Cards currently $600 and negotiable. The owner loves this horse and wants desperately to find him a good and loving home.

Alicia's Quick Draw who is newly reduced to $600 negotiable. Another sweetie who wants to be somebody's horse.

Coboshack This guy has been off the track for a bit, and the trainer wants to see him off to a good home. He has reduced the asking price to $1,000 which is, again, negotiable.

These are all nice horses, who need to find someone to love them. Isn't there someone out there who has room in their hearts for them?
    Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past - let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
    Kennedy

Wow! Some of those are really, really nice horses!

Posting my personal favorite again Big Time Flyer . Word has it he doesn't get along with other horses too well, but people are great. Definitely worth investigating...

*sigh* OK, can you tell me anything about Hide Song? (Other than he's big, he's bay, and I loff his pedigree? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif)

And do you know any pedigree info on 53 Cards?
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Surely one of the big barns could consider Best at Law as a school horse. Did I see somewhere that artificial eyes were available for horses?
    Save the Nauga\'s

If anyone knows any shippers coming down South from that way could you let me know please?

Edit: Also, if anyone knows a trainer up there called Gutierrez & has done business w/ him, please let me know that as well!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Someone please remind me that I can't afford board on another horse...I loff Fifty-Three Cards. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/sigh.gif

Louise is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Fifty-three Cards is lovely, and he is really a people horse. He's been treated like a pet by his trainer, and it shows. Somebody needs to take this guy home, so he can love on you.
    Kennedy

War Admiral - I responded to your pt.

Thanks, CGN! I PT'd you back.

War Admiral,

I just shipped a horse north using 'Diesel Dave' listed on the Exceller Finger Lakes site. He is currently making runs to Florida from Finger Lakes. He was VERY reasonable and with excellent service and concern for the horse. I would highly recommend him.

Also, I helped out at the sale and really liked Fifty Three Cards. The listing says he cribs but I saw no evidence of it at all and the people I was with spent quite a bit of time with him. He was a gentleman the entire time.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Yep, Fifty Three Cards really has a look about him, doesn't he? Both him and Alicia's Quick Draw both look like they could canter in front of your leg all day long...
    Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

Oh WA, PLEASE get Hide Song!! I was given a quote of $500 to bring a beastie all the way to south GA. You'd think that with you being farther north by about 3 1/2 hours that would shave a bit off....
    Y'all ain't right!

DMK,

Fifty Three cards and Alicia's Quick Draw would both make nice hunters. AQD has a nice, big, round barrel to take up lots of leg. He's a cute horse.

Land of cold, snow, & bugs, AKA Minnie Soda

Wow..they are all gorgeous! And I am going to sing my whiny "Why can't I be closer" song.

And as a side note-we have a schoolie at the barn that only has one eye and she does great-x country, stadium, dressage---she does it all without a problem! So if someone is interested in that sweet grey and the eye thing is holding you back, please know that it does not always mean there will be an issue.
    Co-founder of White Trash Dressage (WTD)
    http://www.lulu.com/mavw1971
    also available on Amazon.com
    http://www.cafepress.com/wtdressage

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DMK:
    Yep, Fifty Three Cards really has a look about him, doesn't he? Both him and Alicia's Quick Draw both look like they could canter in front of your leg all day long... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, was going to say that Alicia's Quick Draw was something very special. Thank God he is on the other side of the country ... not that that has ever stopped me before. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/winkgrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/winkgrin.gif

However comma DMK, he is MUCH CLOSER to you. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif And he has that look you love. Why, I might even consider a sponsorship....
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Just bumping these guys back onto the front page!

I wanted to add that King Rodeo is really put together well, if someone is looking for a project and has time for some lay-up. Thank you for considering these horses.

Man, I'm spending entirely too much time watching these horses!! There are too many that I think would do just fine in my pastures http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

So, do we have anyone seriously considering any of the horses listed above? Any 'extra' info on Fifty-Three Cards' knee?
    Y'all ain't right!

53 Cards trotted sound when I saw him at the sale.