The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Post Looking For a Training Barn in SouthEastern WI for summer

I am looking for a training barn that can not only progress my 4 year olds flatwork but also progress his jump training. The barn needs to be within a 1 hr 30 minutes from Caledonia, Wi and offer training 2-3 times a week. I need a professional not an assistant trainer riding my horse. I would like a program that incorporates me riding my horse with lessons and training rides. I am looking to do training May-August. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Check out Chestnut-Hill Farm in Oconomowoc. http://chestnut-hill-farm.com/

I rode with them before moving south and it was a good experience.

I was just in the area horse shopping. Bought a really great TB from Kathleen Caya at Integrity Farms http://www.integrityfarmonline.com/about.html she was WONDERFUL to work with and the facility was top notch! There were quite a few young horses that all were going great. Did I mention how nice the facility was? I believe she does some riding at a couple farms in the area so might be beneficial to get in touch.

Another recommendation would be Ginny Dvorak at Breakaway Farm (I believe that's the farm name) near Oregon, WI. She also has a great facility and very nice horses.
    "This inauguration feels like the first date with a really great guy after an eight-year dysfunctional relationship with a loser who spent all my money."

Kathleen Caya is great and the farm is wonderful. She has happy clients and happy horses. When Steve Wall closed Harmony Farms all the people moved to Integrity. The grooms,Vet, and blacksmith are top notch and do not gouge you. Her assistant trainer,Natalie is also very good. A no drama barn with nice people, and some of the cutest dogs anywhere. She loves the horses and they know it.

I too will add a favorable nod for Kathleen Caya. She is a hard worker and the horses love her. She does a fair amount of horse show traveling in season so that may be an issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Popularity View Post
    Another recommendation would be Ginny Dvorak at Breakaway Farm (I believe that's the farm name) near Oregon, WI. She also has a great facility and very nice horses.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this! I ride with Ginny and would recommend her without reservation. Her daughter is a professional and does the riding, and they are bringing along my 4.5 year old mare beautifully. PM if you need contact information or have any questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.

Second nod for Chestnut Hill.... excellent care, great training. Very fancy A-type barn with none of the drama. Kathy and Kyle are really great. Either the head trainer or assistant would both be excellent options for working with a green horse.

I will *fourth* the recommendation of Kathleen Caya. Lovely lady, very professional and genuine. Treats every horse in her care with the same diligence and love that she gives to her own. A+