The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Default Help! Looking for Jill from Gray Fox Farms

If anyone can help, I am looking for Jill from Gray Fox Farms in Petaluma CA. She leased a broodmare from me and sent shippers to pick up the mare on Feb 1st at my farm in FL. A few days later the shipper called and said they had made it to CA but the mare was staying at their farm (about 500 miles from Gray Fox) for a few days until they had a load of youngsters arranged to pick up at Gray Fox at which time the mare would be dropped off. No problem. Just got a call from shippers today and mare is still at their farm and they cannot get a hold of Jill or anyone at the farm to arrange to get the mare to the farm and no shipping has been paid yet. We have called, texted and emailed to no avail. If anyone knows how to get a hold of her or anyone at the farm could you please PM me so that I can insure the safe transport of my mare. Thanks.

That's low.

I wish you luck OP and I hope your mare finds a safe home.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Good luck! You might search this forum for the farm and its owner.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by SuZQuzie View Post
    That's low.

I wish you luck OP and I hope your mare finds a safe home.
    Agreed. I just cannot imagine what you are going through OP.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Oh dear! I wish you would have done some research before you sent your mare. My friend who "leased" a mare to her had to have the authorities accompany her to retrieve the mare that was never paid for. I would be very surprised if shipping fees will ever be paid. Best of luck.

Good Luck, OP. I have yet to get my breeding certificate from her. :/

I don't know whether to giggle or roll my eyes, or both. So sorry you are going through this. I would get your mare back asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppertop View Post
    Oh dear! I wish you would have done some research before you sent your mare.
    I literally just got off the phone about an hour ago with a Mare Owner out East who sent several mares to Jill's on good faith to be used in her breeding program. One mare ended up being gravely injured and euthanized, owner showed up to Jill's unannounced to find unsuitable living conditions for the horses, and the neighbor who apparently found the injured mare told a completely different story of how the mare was injured than what Jill told the owner.

All one has to do is a search on this forum for "Jill Burnell" and enough disturbing threads pop up that I think I would find a better home for my mare. More and more people keep popping out of the woodwork on a daily basis in regards to what's happening there and people coming forward with bad dealings with her. Why anyone would want to send a mare to her right now is beyond me?
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh, ISR/Oldenburg, Westphalian & RPSI approved pony stallions Daventry's Power Play & Goldhills Brandysnap LOM
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

She (or the admin to her facebook page) was posting horses for sale on it earlier today.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1470378167

I am sorry OP you didn't see any of the earlier threads. I guess those threads weren't overkill after all like some were suggesting.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    I don't know whether to giggle or roll my eyes, or both. So sorry you are going through this. I would get your mare back asap.
    My first thought was I didn't know whether to or

so sorry that you will be out all the ship $$ but please tell them to return your mare asap.

Thumbs down

Wow, how sad. Another person duped by Gray Fox Farms/ Jill Burnell.
    I hope you get your horse back.

All the more reason for people to speak out, not keep quiet about bad dealings with people.
    Those crying foul because they got lucky in dealing with her should consider how they'd feel if they were in the OP's shoes right now.
    Just think of all the anguish people would be saved if they were able to be advised beforehand about her shady business dealings.

Don't worry, I 'm sure she or one of her groupies will see this in no time flat. Or you could try the Horse Grooming Supplies board, she posts over there regularly.
    http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/

What is sad is that she has such nice stallions and not a lot of people want to do business with her because she is so shady.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Obie - I've sent you a Private Message on this board and an email to your farm.

Please STOP with the LAUGH OR CRY. How can anyone laugh about this situation.

CONSIDER - the shipper was picking up YOUNGSTERS at Jill's farm when they would drop this mare off. If anyone has purchased a youngster from her that you know - get in touch with them as soon as possible...

Someone just sent me the link to this thread:
    http://www.horseforum.com/horse-law/...o-point-94121/
    Last edited by ise@ssl; Feb. 14, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Well I can't speak for anyone else but in my case the laugh was simply because I can't believe how each story gets a little bit worse. It is more of an amazed laugh than a funny laugh.

More a "have to laugh or you'll start crying" laugh..

wow.

OP.. try to get your mare shipped home ASAP.

There are just tons of red flags (even w/o all the stories about Jill).

ugg - I feel like the stupidest person on earth. I DID a search and really only random things came up - mostly issues directly related to breedings. There were some nice things said too. I know the internet can have more gossip than fact, so I accepted the good with the bad.... because all the bad I saw was lack of responsiveness - nothing about bad care....... Thanks for the info.....I am just sick at this.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    ugg - I feel like the stupidest person on earth. I DID a search and really only random things came up - mostly issues directly related to breedings. There were some nice things said too. I know the internet can have more gossip than fact, so I accepted the good with the bad.... because all the bad I saw was lack of responsiveness - nothing about bad care....... Thanks for the info.....I am just sick at this.
    You aren't stupid. She's just.. indescribable.

Just be thankful the horse never made it there and get her back home and be done with it. In the grand scheme of things you are one of the lucky ones. Just ask Diane.

I cannot stop being worried about all the horses at her farm.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

As someone else mentioned, she is posting on the HGS forum still. Her last post was less than an hour ago.