The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone else meet a guy in an unusual way aka- my friends make me do crazy things.

So I am normally not one to strike up a convo with a random guy I don't know. But a couple friends and I went out to eat the other night and one of the waiters recognized my friend. He introduced himself to us and after he left my first words to one of my friends was "He is CUTE! You need to get us the hook up!"

So he told us to sit in his section, which we did. He came by every few mins to check on us and then sat a pie down at our table saying it was on the house. Sadly he was joking and it was not for us (we made sure to tell him that it was very mean to trick people like that). Anyways, I opened my big mouth and said "hey I should write my name and number on a napkin and leave it for him". I was JOKING (well, partly). That is not something I would ever do in a million years. Next thing I know my friend is asking for a pen and handing it to me. She refused to leave until I wrote my number down *Note: I would not have done this if it was a completely random guy. But a) turns out he actually did something similar when he first met my friend and b) My friend knows him and was certain that he was not a creeper

I was not expecting anything to come from it. The next day he sent me a friend request on facebook and a text. We've been texting since. I just find it hilarious. Even if we never go on a date, well hey now I have another friend that I wouldn't have met otherwise

Any other stories like that?
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

When I was 17, there was a cute guy at a stoplight and he asked for my name and number. I yelled it out to him, by some miracle he remembered it, called me and we dated my entire senior year of high school.
    I don't always feel up to arguing with your ignorance

I just started driving a Chevy Avalanche and my friend and I were sitting at a red light when a utility truck pulled up a long side us. The guy in the passenger side rolled down his window and started asking questions about the truck, and saying how awesome it was to see 'a good looking woman driving a big truck'. When the light turned, they followed us into the mall parking lot and we ended up chatting a little longer, then traded e-mail addresses. FB friends that night, and we chatted a few more times since then, but sadly nothing ever came of it.
    Proud mother to Matt, a 18 year-old TB gelding.

FOREVER

Me!

Four days before my college graduation, I was hanging out in a friend's (S) dorm. S dared me to go across the hall and into his friend's (J) room to play a "prank" on him. I had never met J before, but S wanted us to meet. J was down the hall at the moment, and the idea was that S would have me go into J's room (which was unlocked) and then call J on his cell and have him come back into his room and shut the door behind him...

Well, I did it, and when J walked into the room, S shut the door behind him and locked it! It was one of the most awkward experiences of my life. But...J and I and some other friends ended up going out later that night, "friending" each other on Facebook, moving to the same city after graduation (somewhat on purpose), and now we're planning our wedding nearly 4 years later!

The first time I met DH was when I was a Vet assistant and he brought in his cat with a bladder infection.
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Pretty close to exactly the same story right here.

My best riding bud and I usually meet Sundays for dinner & to discuss our weekends (don't ride at the same barn). We got a cute waiter at a restaurant one day. He flirted shamelessly. Five weeks later, we're back at that restaurant. He's our waiter. Three weeks later, same. She says it fate and tells me I need to leave my number. I refuse. 2 days later I get a text from him. Turns out, I has given her my business card when I got my first real job, which has my cell phone number on it. He & I became Facebook friends and texted back and forth for awhile, but no real connection and no date. Now, whenever we go back I PRAY we don't get him. LOL.
    TIMBERRIDGE SPORTHORSES:
    www.timberridgesporthorses.com
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

Let me preface this by saying - IT WAS ONE TIME, ONE TIME IN MY 40+ YEARS ON THIS EARTH. New Years Eve 1993, we had an incredibly fun party at the barn. It involved huge magnum bottles of champagne, along with a little pot *gasp*. I was so inhebriated, I must've ate 5 lbs of shrimp (I am a devout seafood hater)! I ended up a the bar several hours later and was hanging with another group of my friends when I decided to give one of the guys a piece of my mind. I always thought he was aloof and too quiet - like he was better than everybody else. Well, I proceeded to ream him out for being such a jerk, then told him the dirtiest joke I've ever heard (to this very day, and yes - I still remember the joke and NO, I'm not telling it). 3 days later he called me for a date, and we were married a year later. We'll celebrate 17 years this coming July and I never let him forget I was completely stoned when we met. I've never done *it* since, because I always point out what happened last time! I love people's expression's when they ask how we met, although I did make him lie to our preacher during premartial counseling
    Cindy

Some of these stories are wonderful!!

Met one of my ex's on my first day of college- was waitressing and had closed the night before. Showed up in a big tshirt, tights and a wet pony tail... Public speaking class.
    Had to do a quick intro and said I rode horses, etc...
    This "preppy guy" came up to me at the end of class and said he had horses, etc... didn't believe him... not even for one second.
    He asked me where I kept my horse, told him... he said he knew where that was and offered to come get me to go riding. Agreed (again, thinking he was full of crap)... no joke he showed up in a brand new dually, goose neck rig and we went trail riding... Ended up with him for almost 5 years!
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

Quote Originally Posted by Mali View Post
    Let me preface this by saying - IT WAS ONE TIME, ONE TIME IN MY 40+ YEARS ON THIS EARTH. New Years Eve 1993, we had an incredibly fun party at the barn. It involved huge magnum bottles of champagne, along with a little pot *gasp*. I was so inhebriated, I must've ate 5 lbs of shrimp (I am a devout seafood hater)! I ended up a the bar several hours later and was hanging with another group of my friends when I decided to give one of the guys a piece of my mind. I always thought he was aloof and too quiet - like he was better than everybody else. Well, I proceeded to ream him out for being such a jerk, then told him the dirtiest joke I've ever heard (to this very day, and yes - I still remember the joke and NO, I'm not telling it). 3 days later he called me for a date, and we were married a year later. We'll celebrate 17 years this coming July and I never let him forget I was completely stoned when we met. I've never done *it* since, because I always point out what happened last time! I love people's expression's when they ask how we met, although I did make him lie to our preacher during premartial counseling
    This is the best, love it!
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?