The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Default Sad news - Ben Allen of Allen Stock Farm

Ben passed this last Friday after battling health issues. He passed peacefully in the company of his lovely wife Dottie. I visited their farm about four years ago and they are lovely people who bred lovely horses.

Posting this because I remember seeing their name come up in threads here. Wasn't sure if I should post here or in the Breeding Forum.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Oh I am so very sorry. Yes, very lovely, hard working people with some incredible hunters and jumpers. My heart goes out to Dottie.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

My son, David, and an old sudent of mine Jessica Dalton, have been going out there to help Ben with the horses the last few weeks.

Dottie is in desparate need of help with the horses they have, feeding and caring for them and finding new owners. About 4 dozen need homes......if you need a horse and can afford to buy one quite inexpensively..PLEASE PLEASE help them out. Now is the time to get a very nice horse and REALLY HELP a horseperson in need.......feed, shoeing, care or just time to go visit her would be helpful.

She is a great person and Ben was SUPER with a quick sense of humor for those who knew him.
    [url]http://www.horseshowbiz.com
    [url]http://www.ijumpsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by khobstetter View Post
    My son, David, and an old sudent of mine Jessica Dalton, have been going out there to help Ben with the horses the last few weeks.

Dottie is in desparate need of help with the horses they have, feeding and caring for them and finding new owners. About 4 dozen need homes......if you need a horse and can afford to buy one quite inexpensively..PLEASE PLEASE help them out. Now is the time to get a very nice horse and REALLY HELP a horseperson in need.......feed, shoeing, care or just time to go visit her would be helpful.

She is a great person and Ben was SUPER with a quick sense of humor for those who knew him.
    Oh wow. I can't say enough about how NICE these horses are, and what great people Dottie and Ben are. Look up Allen Stock Farm, even though the site may be out of date, the horses have always been amazing. I wish I was closer.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

would someone pm me a list. A couple of people are shopping (me too).

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I had an apollo's fire baby. Neat little horse.

http://www.allenstockfarm.com/index.html

I don't know if the contact info is current- perhaps someone can weigh in on that, but to the poster asking for a list of the horses, here is their website.

There is what appears to be a recent EquineNow listing of multiple horses at http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...d-1926596.html
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by 1998 Morgan mare Mythic Feronia; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Quote Originally Posted by quietann View Post
    There is what appears to be a recent EquineNow listing of multiple horses at http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...d-1926596.html
    from the ad:

*** Videos available on youtube search user name asfdottie

Here's Amy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKluK..._order&list=UL

Someone needs to go buy her.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

I was so sad to hear this news. My heart goes out to Dottie and the rest of their family. I've got a mare from them that I love. She's been one of the easiest horses to work with and is actually turning out to be a talented dressage horse.

They have a lot of very nice horse out there and anyone looking for a new horse should really go take a look.

I just checked out their ad again on Equine.now. All the horse are listed and the slide show shows pictures of most.

Check out Cameo. Wow, niiiice!
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Cameo is ga-ga-ga-gorgeous in person!! Dottie has a lot of really nice horses and she really does need to sell them. Perfect time to pick up a project for the summer! She has a lot more horses than listed in that ad too.