The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So trainer wants to try using one that is all elastic. Except my horse appears to be size mutant. 2 different brands of Full Sized breastplates and both are too small. I mean yes he is a big boy (17hh Warmblood) but there are plenty of those around the jumper rings wearing breastplates.

Does anyone with a Nunn finner happen to know or mind measureing what the longest length it adjusts two from the chest part to the saddle clip? Or know of anyother larger brands (tried can-pro and prestige).

Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jive View Post
    So trainer wants to try using one that is all elastic. Except my horse appears to be size mutant. 2 different brands of Full Sized breastplates and both are too small. I mean yes he is a big boy (17hh Warmblood) but there are plenty of those around the jumper rings wearing breastplates.

Does anyone with a Nunn finner happen to know or mind measureing what the longest length it adjusts two from the chest part to the saddle clip? Or know of anyother larger brands (tried can-pro and prestige).

Thanks so much.
    I don't know what your budget is, but you could try the Antares? I have one for my 17h boy and I have it tightened down almost all the way. He's a TB and not a "huge" 17h, but he is a solid horse and the Antares looks like it's built to fit pretty much anything on the larger side of the scale.

I also have a couple of other brands that are very large but are quite a bit older. I'll take a look when I go down to the barn later today. I haven't tried the can-pro or prestige, so can't comment on how they compare.

I have a 16.3 draft cross with a big shoulder, and the Nunn Finer oversize fits him very well.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever