The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Yay! My bridle fits the new mare! (and I had some lessons)

So I saw my bridle all adjusted and shiny on Polly today...I just can't express how happy I am it fits her. It is one of the old Crosby plain raised, and the leather is just great so I didn't want to give it up.

We had our 3rd jump lesson today, where I promptly proceeded to try and kill us while trotting in/cantering out of our first line ever. Ever have your brain waves get in the way? She was so good about it though...

After the first 2 tries we got it together, and it ended up really pretty coming out over the oxer. So that made me super happy. What a difference to be on a horse with an engine where you have to be soft and "whoa" a little down the lines!

Anyone ever have the fun of going from slow/short strided to forward/gigantor strided? It's a little bit of an adjustment, but I sure love her!
    "Look, I'm trying not to test the durability of the arena with my face!" (Because only GM can do that.)

Pictures?!
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

That's awesome! I hope you have some pictures so share.

And I understand how excited you are about your bridle! I sold my big bridle with my gelding and I am kicking myself! I thought I would have a much smaller horse and instead I fell in love with a horse with a huge head and I want my lovely schooling bridle back!
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

Right! Pictures! If nothing else you CoTHers will remind me to document all the new experiences with Polly. I'll take the camera with me tomorrow
    "Look, I'm trying not to test the durability of the arena with my face!" (Because only GM can do that.)