The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Helmet Recommendations for Showing Hunters

Struggling to find a helmet that is priced reasonably, fits well and looks half way decent. I tried the CO JR8 and GR8 helmets. They did not fit me well. Also looked like a gigantic bowl sitting on type of my head.

I thought I would try the Hampton - it looks more traditional. Any feedback on the CO Hampton?

I also tried to the IRH ATH SSV - its fits me very well - but it does not look like it belongs in a hunter class.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lightlee View Post
    Struggling to find a helmet that is priced reasonably, fits well and looks half way decent. I tried the CO JR8 and GR8 helmets. They did not fit me well. Also looked like a gigantic bowl sitting on type of my head.

I thought I would try the Hampton - it looks more traditional. Any feedback on the CO Hampton?

I also tried to the IRH ATH SSV - its fits me very well - but it does not look like it belongs in a hunter class.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Have you look at the IRH XR9? It looks like a CO from afar and may fit you well, as you said that another IRH, the ATH SSV, fits you well.

I have a CO Hampton, which I like. To me, it's the most traditional looking helmet.

That being said, I think everyone should get the helmet that fits them the best. If you get the Hampton, just be sure that the harness fits. There was a thread on here a while ago where several people mentioned that the harness was very snug, to the point of being uncomfortable.

I love the look of the Hampton, but it doesn't look quite right on my head. I always swore I would never wear a GPA until I put one on and it felt like it was perfectly molded to my head, but I know they're not exactly budget friendly and might be going out of style a bit. If you get the tone on tone (black stripe) IRH ATH SSV I think you would be okay in the hunter ring.
    "to live is the rarest thing in the world, most people merely exist."

Quote Originally Posted by dolly75 View Post
    Modernchoti is a free Bengali sex stories based social community network, where you can read members sex stories as like as bangla choti and love sexy pictures, sexy video, here you can communicate through chat with this website visitors , you can also post your comment on our forum menu . A blog for bengali speaking people who love to read Bangla " choti &quot.In the age of the internet, some of the newest and hottest choti are available here. Please read it and share others.
    Bangla Choti
    Choti Golpo
    Choti Forum
    Um, wow! Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by lightlee View Post
    Ut oh, that's what I wear in hunters. I bought it since IRH's fit me best and I couldn't stomach spending $400+ on a helmet.

But I agree with MHM and find one that fits!

I have a Hampton and I show in the hunters. The fit was correct, and I much prefer a traditional looking helmet.

It does get very hot in the summer.

Have a look at the new OneK helmets (google). They are vented, fit very well and have a removeable liner that can be washed! No more stinky helmet!!

If the IRH's fit you well, they also make a very affordable velvet helmet. I believe it's called the Olympian and SmartPak carries it, although I don't know how it looks in person and don't know how it fits.
    "to live is the rarest thing in the world, most people merely exist."

Quote Originally Posted by ponies123 View Post
    If the IRH's fit you well, they also make a very affordable velvet helmet. I believe it's called the Olympian and SmartPak carries it, although I don't know how it looks in person and don't know how it fits.
    Here's the Olympian:

http://www.smartpakequine.com/irh-ol...x?cm_vc=Search

OP, you might also want to consider the IRH XR9:

http://www.smartpakequine.com/irh-xr...x?cm_vc=Search

Thank you all for the recommendations!

I have a CO AYR8. Its the only CO that fits my head correctly. The black/black is definitely conservative enough for Hunters. Its super comfortable and I love their accident replacement policy.

Dover has the IRH Air 10 on sale - it's the knock off of the CO AYR 8. It's very nice and conservative looking. (I have the AYR 8 and love it, but it's not cheap)

Once again, you are not going to win or lose a class because of your helmet!
    Pick one that fits you well and suits your style and don't worry about the brand!