The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TOTD Dressage Boots

Does anybody have these boots?

https://www.tackoftheday.com/default.aspx

I am looking to get them for the Percheron I ride, but he has thick short front cannons. I would like to get the large if they really do have the same circumference as the XL, but I am a bit skeptical...anyone know how these run???

They have the measurements listed if that helps any. You can compare them agaisnt your current boots or his leg. For the most part tho, these are anything like the boots I got from totd last time the elastic was pretty stretchy and fit a range of horses.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

In my experience they run big. I bought mediums for the front and larges for the hinds for my 16.2 gelding and while they fit "OK" they'd be a little better if they were smaller, length-wise more so than width. My boy's not exceptionally long-legged but he's not built stumpy either, his cannons are pretty average for his height.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

Dover's boots are $15 a pair right now. There may be a with a purchase of a certain amount. I had to order some other things so got a couple pair.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/dover-p...ning/p/NA-B2A/

oh, and they come in XXL

I saw the measurement chart, but I was skeptical that the large and xl were the same circumference. I wanted to see if that was a typo. My guy has slightly over 13" wide cannons, so I know there will be a slight gap in the fleece...but his cannons are also really short, def not 13" long. I find his proportions slightly comical, since he is over 19h and weighs over 2000lbs!

I will put in an order for the larges and see how they turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Dover's boots are $15 a pair right now. There may be a with a purchase of a certain amount. I had to order some other things so got a couple pair.

oh, and they come in XXL
    I now live near a Dover and I have seen the XXLs in person, and they seem to run small in the width and long in the height...so a no go for my stumpy legged guy!

oh, and they come in XXL
    My experience with the Dover boots is that they run small. I won't buy them again. Just ordered 4 pairs of the TOTD boots.

oh, and they come in XXL
    Only at that price as a bonus buy.

They don't fit really wide, so for a big boned horse, you may have to keep searching. Woof makes double-lock boots in MXW - so a medium height, x-wide width. They can be hard to find in the US, but I've special ordered them before for my big boned, short cannoned horses.