The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cancer patient benefit event in VA (HR!)

There will be a benefit event for a lung cancer patient (who lost his wife to lung cancer in 2010, his home in 2011, and now his job b/c of his health) at the Harriston Christian Center on Feb 18 in Harriston VA. He has no medical insurance and funds raised will go to help cover medical bills. Event will include a spaghetti plate dinner, 50/50 raffle, and raffles for a shotgun and a 2yo filly with Hancock and Blue Mas bloodlines. For more information, call 540 421 8981 or 540 810 1264

This gentleman is a friend of my boss and I thought I would post it here in case anyone is interested in helping or in the filly and maybe help get her a COTH home.
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Are they raffling the filly or trying to sell it outright? Harrison is nearly 5 hours away from us, so we likely won't be able to make it, but is there another way we could donate?
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

It is a raffle for her. Tickets are $5 apiece, or 6 for $25. Other than that, you'll need to call one of the numbers directly; the only info I have is what's on the flyer I put up at work. Sorry. I know you don't have to be present to win, so I'd give them a call if you're interested!
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"