The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Update??? Did you bring her home yet??? huh, huh

Brought her home!! She's so cute! We were thinking of naming her either Ripley or Callie but they just weren't really fitting. She has a funky shaped head though and we were teasing her about the noggin on her and the name Noodle just kind of stuck.
    They have her anywhere between 11 and 15 weeks old. I'll be taking her to my vet in a couple weeks for her second round of shots and I'll be curious to hear how old my vet thinks she is.
    I took a couple pix of her. Is there a way to post them on here or do I just need to do a new webshots album?

I am so sorry for your loss. How lucky you were to have had each other.
    Sheilah

Working in a clinic I can say this as an outside observer... there are few dogs more deeply BELOVED by their people than an aged Golden Retriever. Something always hits me deep and to the core when it comes to this breed and their loving people. I have never owned one but this alone has taught me they all must be as stellar as they seem.

SO SO happy your heart is on the mend and a new family member is on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by irkenequine View Post
    Working in a clinic I can say this as an outside observer... there are few dogs more deeply BELOVED by their people than an aged Golden Retriever. Something always hits me deep and to the core when it comes to this breed and their loving people. I have never owned one but this alone has taught me they all must be as stellar as they seem.

SO SO happy your heart is on the mend and a new family member is on the way!
    Thank you. To say Tonka was amazing would not even come close to covering it. Such an incredibly special soul.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss. How lucky you were to have had each other.
    Sheilah
    Thank you. I so adored that one. I know I'll love other dogs in my lifetime but I'm not sure any relationship will be able to come even close to the one I had with her.

Exclamation Puppy pictures

I made a new webshots album with pictures of Noodle (our new rescue puppy).

what a beauty!........sooooo glad she is there to help fill the dog shaped hole in your heart...........

Aww, she is just adorable. Love her eyes. She looks so sweet.

I hope you have many, many loving and fun filled years together.

awww Noodle is adorable, I wish you many happy years

Cool NOODLE ~~~ LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER !

NOODLE is WONDERFUL ~~~~
    Last edited by Zu Zu; Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Thank you! She has already brought a lot of laughter into the house.

Funny too that she does a couple of the same silly things that Tonka used to do. Like walk through your legs and stop so you can scratch her butt, and roll around in the grass to scratch her back.

She is lovely.

Default Ugh. I feel like such a bad puppy mommy.

Puppy is goofy and cute, but occasionally I catch myself looking at her and wishing I had Tonka back instead.....

thats normal and does not make you bad at all, if it makes you feel any better I still accidently call Remy Whiskey and wish for Whiskey

That does help, thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Invested1 View Post
    Puppy is goofy and cute, but occasionally I catch myself looking at her and wishing I had Tonka back instead.....
    Don't feel bad. I sometimes do and feel the same with my newe kitten and lovey cat I had to PTS in January.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

it's HARD with a new one........when i lost my heart dog,jane, i was devastated....she was only mid-age, and i was her second owner ,so hadn't even had the benefit of having her all her life........

i waited quite a while for another dog, and went back to the small terrier breed, as it was soooo different from jane (pit/lab), and i thought it would allow me to NOT compare.........didn't work so well....and eventually , i ended up with 5 dogs, because while i was [I]full of dogs, i was never [/]satisfied......if that makes any sense...

i love all my dogs dearly, but none have that special something that happened between janie and myself....it sounds stupid, but she was almost like a person .......and i have often wished to have her back.......then i wonder, but if i could do that, and if it meant sacrificing the dogs i have now, could i do it?..........dunno

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho392 View Post
    it sounds stupid, but she was almost like a person .......and i have often wished to have her back.......then i wonder, but if i could do that, and if it meant sacrificing the dogs i have now, could i do it?..........dunno
    Not stupid at all. I *completely* understand.
    Funny too that I had that exact thought the other day--if I could trade 5 years with Noodle for 1 with Tonka, would I do it? Probably a good thing that I can't because I don't know what I would do if truly given that choice....