The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Where are People Advertising Boarding Space?

My farm where I board is currently just me and one horse owned by the barn owners. Since I have been there, the owners have decided they wouldn't mind having a few other boarders and would give me a break on board if I help out with upkeep and feeding. They would prefer me to find a few people I like who are interested in showing dressage and are serious about riding. The facility is gorgeous, tons of pasture and nice 12X12 stalls with a professional grade arena and a lit pasture (lit like the SUN) for riding after dark. I am relatively new to the dressage community where I live (Tallahassee area), and was wondering if there are any good websites for advertising boarding space that will be looked at by primarily dressage riders. Thanks!

Word of mouth is probably the best. Do you already know people in the dressage community? If not, check out the local GMO, advertise in their newsletter, go to meetings etc.
    Last edited by atlatl; Feb. 9, 2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: month/mouth potato/potahto :-)

Word of mouth.....

Contact SWDEA...the local dressage and eventing association. I'm sure they can put a blurb on their website and in the newsletter. I'm with NFDA in Jacksonnville...a lot of the riders in SWDEA come to our shows
    Heather
    Green Cove Springs, FL

Thanks! Yeah, I have been spreading the word through farriers and trainers, I didn't think of the SWDEA website, that's a great idea!

Local horse magazines. For example, in Maryland the Equierry is where you'd advertise.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).