The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lesson Barns in Fulton County, GA

I'm trying to find a lesson barn for a friend's young child. They live in the north Fulton area? Just need a reference for a reasonably priced instructor with safe lesson horses. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!
    Sir Chancelot- 8 yr TB/ App

Are you looking for just an all around lesson barn with school horses? Most are h/j barns and can be a bit pricey but you can go to ghja.org and look at some trainers. I know fortitude farm, patchwork farm, and falcon ridge stables are supposed to be good. I can't personally speak of their quality only because I haven't ridden with them but it never hurts to call and check out the facility! If you search the forums here there are a few threads on stables in the northern fulton (mainly alpharetta) area. Good luck!

Check Area III and GDCTA websites. Also contact Leslie Olsen (Villa Rica) - Leslie is an excellent instructor (dressage mainly) but don't know if she has any school horses.
    Annilese Vogt (Vogt Riding Academy). Annilese (sp?) is 2nd generation instructor with great experience in eventing and most recently dressage. I believe the school is in Fulton County - of course that is one of the larger counties in GA
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

There are MANY h/j lesson barns in the metro area. I don't know of any event barns with school horses though... The Alpharetta area is HUGE in the hunter/jumpers and there are barns every mile!