The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Somehow I cannot se Paul Schockemöhle selling Totilas as long as he draws the mares. But I may be wrong. But this is very entertaining, in a daytime TV drama sort of way.

It's a nonsense story. They don't even know the rules.

in order to compete at the 2012 Olympics, the horse had to be in Dutch or Austrian ownership before 31 December 2011. Even if Glock were to buy Totilas, the horse would not be allowed to compete in the Olympics for any other country than Germany because of this rule.
    --
    Europe\'s Largest Dressage and Breeding News Related Website
    http://www.eurodressage.com

The wonder horse. In October 2010, "Totila", the most successful dressage horse in the world even to the most expensive. The black horse stallion changed hands for 15 million euros rumored the owner. Now is the Carinthian "Glock Horse Performance Center" endeavor, "Totila" to buy. Owner Ann Kathrin Linsenhoff should be put across more and recently undertook Star coach Sjef Janssen. - the google translation

The google translated article doesn't mention the olympics. And honestly, as seen in the PS stallion show, Totilas doesn't look olympic ready.

This all started with a post on Facebook by Kathrin Glock in which she told that they would do everything for Edward to get Totilas back. Nicole Werner, business partner and trainer of Edward told the press that Totilas was of course more than welcome but that you also needed a seller. Reiter Revue asked Katrin Linsenhoff about this and she answered "Totilas is not for sale"

<period>

The paper does mention the Olympics, but only in a way that EG is aiming for Gold in London. The paper kind of asumes that he would love to do that with Totilas....

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBehind View Post
    This all started with a post on Facebook by Kathrin Glock in which she told that they would do everything for Edward to get Totilas back. Nicole Werner, business partner and trainer of Edward told the press that Totilas was of course more than welcome but that you also needed a seller. Reiter Revue asked Katrin Linsenhoff about this and she answered "Totilas is not for sale"

<period>
    oh come on! who needs facts? the media frenzy that has been built around Totilas has a life of its own...

well, if Germany wanted a "fair" shot at the medals, what better way then to neutralize a proven powerful weapon: Gal/Totilas combination. Even better, give a possibility of that chance to Germany by acquiring part of the weapon.

I think it is wonderful to see the making of champions; now Gal is working on bringing on another horse to international levels and he has some pretty tough standards of his own to live up to/beat.

Paul S. may make his money on Totilas' fame, but I can only imagine the line up of riders wishing to have Gal's input on their training. There is one horse professional whose retirement income is guaranteed. Not only is he immensely successful and popular, but I have not hear anything bad about him personally or professionally.

I think all this stirring the pot with Totilas moving camps and having bobbles in training/performance keeps more people paying attention to competitive dressage.
    Horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to the time they are with them.
    ~ Xenophon, 350 B.C.

Darn right he's not for sale

As a stud he stands to make 7 million in ten years with 100 mares per year

14 million with 200

22 million with 300

well you get the picture.

Add to that what they breed themselves at 0 overhead in stud fees...

35k probably as young horses and if they train up any of them that have potential? They stand to make a few more million there... Then if Totilas has approved sons? And they stand them as well...

Germany may stand to lose on the short term but they will gain quite a bit long term if he can produce himself

In ten years a couple or a few million (even if that was the offer) won't look like spit in the wind.

The Glocks wouldnt be buying 'Raths Ride' as much as they'd be buying a meal ticket for the breeder...

I just cannot imagine this horse going ANYWHERE!
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/