The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Very elegant! Congrats!
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Lovely!

I see you have her pastured with the cat herd..

here is to lots of wb crosses in half arab classes!

Love it!

My friend looked at him for her arab mare too

He crosses so well with them!

LOVELY FOAL!
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Congrats! She is a beauty!

I have never seen a Rosenthal baby that didn't thoroughly enchant me. They are so pretty, and have such sweetheart temperaments.

Both are lovely.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Congratulations!!!! I had my first High Pt. Hanoverian foal this yr too, by Sinatra Song out of an arab mare. A really nice, leggy colt who just floats when he moves. Mare is a gray, but so far looks like he will stay a dark bay, no white (even though mom and half sister are sabino). Love those WB/Arab crosses! These pics are from about a month or so ago -

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=2463f98298

She's beautiful! Congratulations!!!

(I love the picture of her scattering cats! LOL)
    Family Partners Welsh Ponies - Home of Section B Welsh stallion *Wedderlie Mardi Gras LOM/AOE http://www.welshponies.com
    Click here to buy: A Guide To In Hand Showing of Your Welsh Pony

Congratulations! She is exquisite. I have bred to Rosenthal several times and am very impressed with his foals.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthHillFarm View Post
    Finally got around to getting some pics of our Sir Gregory filly. Here they are! She is 1 month old and growing like a weed!!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...4372041&type=1

not as many pics but if you don't have facebook...
    http://www.northhillfarmny.com/Siri.html
    Oh I love her!

Here's a picture I took saturday of my filly (Dauphin x Brentano II) born May 2nd

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/...48322513_n.jpg
    Vergissmeinnicht.
    Forgive me, between French, English, and German, I'm sometimes completly lost

Quote Originally Posted by ancientoaks View Post
    It's so neat to be able to share this special pumpkin... It's been a couple of years since we've had any foals and I have SO missed the babes...thank you for all the compliments..I'm excited again about breeding!

Ahhh I knew it....even with Rosenthal giving babies nice heads, I knew the mom had to be arab...I can spot that anywhere

Who are you getting the baby approved by? Remember there can be unforeseen height issues

Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post
    here is to lots of wb crosses in half arab classes!

Love it!

My friend looked at him for her arab mare too

He crosses so well with them!

LOVELY FOAL!
    Yes...I wish there were more of these crosses, when you do it right, it's RIGHT!!!
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SamWerner View Post
    Ahhh I knew it....even with Rosenthal giving babies nice heads, I knew the mom had to be arab...I can spot that anywhere

Who are you getting the baby approved by? Remember there can be unforeseen height issues

Yes...I wish there were more of these crosses, when you do it right, it's RIGHT!!!
    Well, we normally go GOV...height issues? I guess I don't understand. We've not ever had a problem with that. Our mare, DF China Doll has had 2 premium foals at GOV, one by Ironman, and the other by Sinatra Song. And our DeLaurentis foal out of our mare Angelina Wind was Premium also. Neither mare is exceptional in height for an arab. 14.3 or so...the foals were obviously going to be quite tall tho, in fact, the Ironman foal matured at 16.3, despite being the mare's first foal.
    This mare is quite a bit taller that either of the above. so I would not expect an issue there either (unless something has changed in the last two years)

And, I'm not sure we will be able to present the filly this year, there doesn't seem to be any inspections at a reasonable distance for us. We are 'it' on the farm, and if we can't find something within 3-4 hours of here, we can't do it.
    So we'll just have the half arabian registration. All of our buyers so far have been fine with that, and altho the GOV was nice NICE icing on the cake,it has to be reasonable for us tho. and quite frankly, if we HAVE to keep her, oh gee...what a shame......just would HATE to have to look at her in my pasture for 20 yrs or more!

Simply gorgeous!!! Congratulations, enjoy

thank you! it's extra special to finally be at a point in life where one can just sit back and enjoy the foals without goals, deadlines, timelines...Makes my heart sing to see her running on the hillside with her mom..and to know she doesn't 'have' to be sold!
    Cats may disagree tho...she has a thing about those cats......

Well, we normally go GOV...height issues? I guess I don't understand. We've not ever had a problem with that. Our mare, DF China Doll has had 2 premium foals at GOV, one by Ironman, and the other by Sinatra Song. And our DeLaurentis foal out of our mare Angelina Wind was Premium also. Neither mare is exceptional in height for an arab. 14.3 or so...the foals were obviously going to be quite tall tho, in fact, the Ironman foal matured at 16.3, despite being the mare's first foal.
    This mare is quite a bit taller that either of the above. so I would not expect an issue there either (unless something has changed in the last two years)

And, I'm not sure we will be able to present the filly this year, there doesn't seem to be any inspections at a reasonable distance for us. We are 'it' on the farm, and if we can't find something within 3-4 hours of here, we can't do it.
    So we'll just have the half arabian registration. All of our buyers so far have been fine with that, and altho the GOV was nice NICE icing on the cake,it has to be reasonable for us tho. and quite frankly, if we HAVE to keep her, oh gee...what a shame......just would HATE to have to look at her in my pasture for 20 yrs or more!
    Ahhhh you have to remember that cannon ball of a post I started a year and a half ago...let me refresh your memory!! You even chimed in

http://chronofhorse.com/forum/showth...highlight=ub40
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

She's hideous and will not amount to anything - you must send her to me immediately and I will TRY to make something of her... Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamWerner View Post
    Ahhhh you have to remember that cannon ball of a post I started a year and a half ago...let me refresh your memory!! You even chimed in

http://chronofhorse.com/forum/showth...highlight=ub40

ah yes....... I do remember that. and it's true, we've not ever had a real problem (as in being refused registration) in person...so don't know what became of the 'contraversy' at that time..we've had comments at that one inspection, and heard rumors and stories of others, etc, but truly, never found it to ACTUALLY hinder us in seeking the registration. it was too deep a pit to continue digging I guess..

Congrats, she is lovely. Gets me more excited for my foal next year by a Rosenthal son - Rafael
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ridingagain View Post
    She's hideous and will not amount to anything - you must send her to me immediately and I will TRY to make something of her... Congrats!!
    Well, I would hate to burden ANYONE, I've always felt it necessary accept responsibility for your own actions, no matter how awful the outcome! but I do appreciate your offer, I'll just try and make do ......somehow........

I had two Wolkentanz II foals this year - both absolutely wonderful!

First is Wolkenherzen SVF (Wolkentanz II x Diamond/Goldfuerst), a brown turning black colt with a big white heart on his forehead who goes by the barn name "Squirt" (because the little squirt was running around with his tail in the air almost as soon as he was born!). Here is Squirt at two days old:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7079/7...03173ac2e0.jpg
    IMG_0169 by jessicakthomas, on Flickr

Next is Wilhelmina SVF (Wolkentanz II x Goldfuerst/Denar), a chestnut filly with a big white blaze who goes by the barn name "Mina". Here is Mina at five days old:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8150/7...c58aea56ab.jpg
    IMG_0401 by jessicakthomas, on Flickr

They are now 7 weeks old (!), I will get some updated pictures uploaded ASAP. Newbie poster here so please bear with me! Both babies are super friendly, in your pocket horses. It's actually tough to get pictures of them because they want to be with you!

Well, I would hate to burden ANYONE, I've always felt it necessary accept responsibility for your own actions, no matter how awful the outcome! but I do appreciate your offer, I'll just try and make do ......somehow........
    Trying to be the martyr now?