The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Back on Track Saddle Pads

Does anyone out there have either the firm or [I]soft[I] Back on Track (A/P) saddle pad?

Does anyone know what the difference between the two? I contacted BOT and they couldn't tell me.

I love their products - I've used the ankle brace (on me) and had immediate cessation of pain, with complete healing in a couple weeks. I'm thinking there could be no downside to using the pad on my long-backed TB as he and I learn dressage together.

I have two! I love them. I'm not sure what you mean by "firm: or "soft"... mine are just regular square pads.. dressage and jump. I really feel like they help Flecky. BUT.. they are hard to keep clean. They seem to stain and I hate washing them cause I feel like I"ll mess them up. Plus when I do, they don't seem to get as clean. Which sucks, cause I do like them and would like to use them at shows too.

I won a "soft" one (never felt the "firm" one), and by and large it feels like a typical quilted saddle pad. Just a guess, but maybe the "firm" ones feel more like those dense felt pads?
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever

Quote Originally Posted by afox2332 View Post
    Does anyone know what the difference between the two? I contacted BOT and they couldn't tell me.

Call BOT again & ask for technical assistance!

UNbelieveable that a company rep would admit to such ignorance over a product & not commit to finding you the answer

I have the soft a/p saddle pad. Love it for Rum. I agree with FleckenAwesome about getting them clean. Have to be real careful about washing them and not drying them. But still worth the effort LOVE it and the BOT blanket!!!!

these are the only pads I use now...I've had no issues with washing them, just use cold water and don't dry. Haven't heard anything about there being a soft vs. firm version though. The original pad feels just like a regular quilted pad. LOVE all of their products.

I took my BOT pad to the local cleaners, and the tailor there measured it and made a cover for me. I just toss that into the wash.

I have a pad that is very large, square with D-rings . I use it pre-ride over the lumbar area. But, am not sure if it's a saddle pad or not.