The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I got it off the Northwest Horse Forum so it's getting some exposure:

http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource....forum.php?f=73
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

I had an interesting email and conversation with a friend last night. Apparently a woman (not a local) bought a "papered warmblood" from someone in the Yakima area and that horse was supposedly bred locally. Well, the woman waited and waited (weeks) but the papers never came. She started looking at breeders in Yakima and thought her new horse might be by my friend's stallion so she emailed a photo and asked if my friend might know the horse. Personally, I don't think the horse is a warmblood but I only saw a head/neck shot. The slightly roman nose looks more drafty to me. Oh, my point to all of this....guess who sold her the horse?
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

Well, don't you know that draft horses are warmbloods? I thought everyone knew that. (JK)
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Grataan View Post
    Murphy's Mom-I have a friend that lives down in Corvallis, OR-she says the "new" CBER advertizes on their craigslist and others in the area frequently. Maybe she's just expanding southward? I warned her to stay away.
    She was advertising on my local CL for a little bit and then...nothing. Once in a great while, an ad will show up. I once posted about the quarantine et al, and got an email a week or so later, from a lady who said she didn't care about that, could she still look at the horse? Say what?? "I" don't have the horse! I was warning people!! Then, I thought it might be someone close to her (maybe herself??) who wanted to get my email addy and somehow trace it. I ignored her email.

Anywho, the upshot has been, no more ads in quite a while. There is someone else locally who also posted a warning, but, I don't know who it is.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Like a vampire- lives on blood (of the horses sent to slaughter) not to mention the horse meat she once boasted of eating--and will not die-- the many reincarnations of CBER and its founder $am.

Sadly... very sadly... for too many $am's exist. She operates on a larger scale as does the doppleganger east coast 'rescue'.

All need to be taken out back for a tying lesson with Alisija Zabavska Granger.

1 members found this post helpful.

Same old Sh*t she's been spouting for years. I can only hope Karma gets her in the end.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Can you guys tell me more about this? I see the last post on this was last summer. I have seen pictures of her on the web. What's the real deal? Seems like she would be okay to donate to? She says she is well off.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlyn View Post
    Can you guys tell me more about this? I see the last post on this was last summer. I have seen pictures of her on the web. What's the real deal? Seems like she would be okay to donate to? She says she is well off.
    I have not had personal dealing with her.

but from what I recall it's the mother of all train wrecks.

it's been a while, maybe they cleaned up their act, but I had the impression it was a three ring circus without ring master.

There are much better suited charities out there to give your hard earned money to.

Do search the forum a bit, I am pretty sure this is not the only thread on this outfit. Do page Angela Freda, she had up close encounters....
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

Lots of info from former volunteers (including me) here:

http://rescuesonly.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ct
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Thanks Alagirl. Just trying to make sense of what I read. She shows up on FB page and seems like okay, as well as in the movie, associates with some nice people but then I read this.

Default Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Lots of info from former volunteers (including me) here:

http://rescuesonly.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ct
    I did some more research since last week. I discovered that her boyfriend, who is also on Discovery show Deadliest Catch and his boat, FV Northwestern is promoting Rebels Equine Sales! I posted an informational on his website (toughest guys on earth right) and he took it down!

It's amazing that these public figures who want to do so much good would support someone who rips people off.

I am disgusted.

I did some more research since last week. I discovered that her boyfriend, who is also on Discovery show Deadliest Catch and his boat, FV Northwestern is promoting Rebels Equine Sales! I posted an informational on his website (toughest guys on earth right) and he took it down!

It's amazing that these public figures who want to do so much good would support someone who rips people off.

I am disgusted.
    She must have a new 'boyfriend' cause if the last one I heard about was to be on a TV show, it was more likely to be Americas Most Wanted.
    That was disgusting. Beyond disgusting.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    She must have a new 'boyfriend' cause if the last one I heard about was to be on a TV show, it was more likely to be Americas Most Wanted.
    That was disgusting. Beyond disgusting.
    Oh yes, pictures of them loving it up on his Facebook Page from their trip to the Bahamas. (Norman Hansen-FV Northwestern). Also, he is now on Rebels Equine Sales page and all over her FB page. I used to love the Hansens because they donated so much time and money to charities. I see in the Horsepower movie, she was wearing a jacket from their boat. That made me think, "oh she can't be all that bad." Now I am realizing, so much of these public figures have low morals and values. It's really too bad. Henceforth, I am boycotting that show and that boat.

Wow didn't even realize she was still in the "business" of rescuing horses.

2 members found this post helpful.

Probably Angela and the more experienced people on here know more about it than I as they understand the terminology better.

Wow...sounds like SWAP...same scenario...good people volunterring to help what 'seemed' to be a good thing. Only SWAP never even was 501(c)3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    So true. I had started having people send in the UPC tags off feed bags to get reimbursed/raise funds. I heard those got tossed into the trash.

I worked to get several copies of 'Winning Ways' autographed by the author, and Frank Madden [he at the time had that popular show on TV] among other trainers in the book... and were those ever used to raise $$? I never heard a word about them again.

There were volunteers who went to events, and manned booths and took their adopted horses to show off.

I tried to get them to do a mailing list, to start a newsletter, to do virtual adoptions and sponsorships... and I was willing to manage it all, I was only asking for them to give the ok for it to happen.

So many people worked really hard to try to help what we all thought was a good org doing good things... but the longer we stuck around and the harder we pushed to get things organized the more we realized that we were getting a major run around and that organization was not what the people at the 'top' wanted.

I am disgusted.
    Well, this is certainly a step up from her former boyfriend who was in and out of prison. I guess he must be back in if she has a new toy to play with.

She can be very charming, as most sociopaths tend to be:

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Any idea what he was in prison for? I would suspect new toy has money.

Any idea what he was in prison for? I would suspect new toy has money.
    Here you go: http://rescuesonly.proboards.com/ind...ay&thread=9501

I'm sure new toy must have money. When CBER was in its prime, she was engaged to a doctor, who she dumped for the criminal.