The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec. 27, 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default Critique my baby horse!

    I know I'll get a hundred people telling me this isn't a perfect confo shot but do the best you can, it's just for fun you know?

    This is Ayden, 32 months old. I was uphill so his legs appear short and his head large, but that's just the photo.

    Thanks in advance!

    http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/...1/IMAG0493.jpg
    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec. 2, 2002
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anteup View Post
    Isn't that, like, 2.5 years? 32 months? Are people really referring to their horses' ages like this these days? Heaven help me... reminds me of some movie line... "This is little Johnny, he's 48 months old!!".

    I think people would be more akin to giving him a serious look if the pic were better. He looks kind, but as you said, not much to be said from this picture.
    Here today, gone tomorrow...



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec. 27, 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Sorry. It's not exactly 2.5 yrs, that would be 30 months. In three more weeks he'll be 2.75 yrs. But I didn't want to say he was two, because in baby time, eight months is a lot. But he's not three yet either. So shoot me :P
    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan. 30, 2009
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    "Two and a half" or "coming three" are good options in a case like this.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    May. 5, 2009
    Location
    Location: Indiana, but my heart is in Zone II
    Posts
    2,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmmyByNature View Post
    "Two and a half" or "coming three" are good options in a case like this.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^yup. He has a cute expression. Is he a QH?
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec. 2, 2002
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anteup View Post
    Sorry. It's not exactly 2.5 yrs, that would be 30 months. In three more weeks he'll be 2.75 yrs. But I didn't want to say he was two, because in baby time, eight months is a lot. But he's not three yet either. So shoot me :P
    Lol, it just made me chuckle. No harm done :c).
    Here today, gone tomorrow...



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar. 11, 2004
    Location
    Collegeville, PA
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFrytheEqHorse View Post
    Heaven help me... reminds me of some movie line... "This is little Johnny, he's 48 months old!!"

    Haha...that would be Grownups. The kid is breastfeeding and someone asks how old he is.
    "48 Months."
    "That's FOUR!"
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFrytheEqHorse View Post
    Isn't that, like, 2.5 years? 32 months? Are people really referring to their horses' ages like this these days? Heaven help me... reminds me of some movie line... "This is little Johnny, he's 48 months old!!".
    Haha, I love when people talk about their kid's ages in months after they have passed the first 2 years - after that, they are 2, 3, 4....not random numbers, "oh yes, he is 29 months old....." No, he is 2

    I am 338 months old. I'd rather say I am 28



Similar Threads

  1. Video of my coming 4 popeye k baby! Please critique :-)
    By worldclass in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: Sep. 5, 2012, 09:12 PM
  2. Baby Greenie Critique, please!
    By Heinz 57 in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec. 27, 2009, 03:57 AM
  3. Jumping Critique for Baby Novice Rider
    By ytr45 in forum Eventing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep. 9, 2009, 06:28 PM
  4. Critique our "BABY" form please :)
    By Grande Isle Farm in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Jul. 13, 2009, 10:50 AM
  5. Critique of yearling- first baby!
    By Clear sailing in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr. 10, 2008, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •