The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Super Bowl Bud Clydesdale Commercial Teaser!

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

It's good to have them back and hopefully they'll be featured, rather than just just used as an incidental prop for the commercial.

Still remember watching the original "Here Comes The King" commercial on a B&W TV set with a Vertical Hold control that was a *bleep* to keep adjusted so the picture wouldn't roll. They used it a lot, and it's never lost its appeal.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

I have never seen the lead horses canter before, I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

Saw them at the Danbury Fair in Ct when I was a kid--and I go on Medicare in March, so 50-55 years ago?
    I remember some kind of track, maybe half-mile around, and the announcer saying the hitch was going to canter in harness, very unusual for horses to canter in harness. They trotted around the turn, then transitioned to canter and cantered, galloped really, all the way down the homestretch! Awesome! Took all the way around to the backstretch to come back to a walk.
    Last edited by Maythehorsebewithme; Feb. 4, 2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: bad grammar

I'm so glad they are going to even have a commercial this year - hope it's a good one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Matson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    It's good to have them back and hopefully they'll be featured, rather than just just used as an incidental prop for the commercial.

Still remember watching the original "Here Comes The King" commercial on a B&W TV set with a Vertical Hold control that was a *bleep* to keep adjusted so the picture wouldn't roll. They used it a lot, and it's never lost its appeal.
    Is that Liza Minelli singing in that video?

Thanks Mike, always enjoy your links.
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

I only get their beer to support the horses! Guess this means I'll be able to buy something I actually like to drink.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

I'm watching Super Bowl just to see the Bud ad. I'm going to pause the tv and then fast forward through the game
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

Saw it. Ok commercial, but they have done better I think. I was actually a little disappointed, I wanted to see more horses and cute comedy.

Don't get me wrong, nice all American commercial, but I miss their old style.....
    Posted with my Android smartphone.