The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What do you want for Valentine's Day?

MY DSO keeps asking. I think I want a Coach purse. I've never had a 'real' one. Not big on jewelry.. plus I don't want him spending too much. (We share an account anyways I can't think of anything else non-horse related! (He said he won't get anything for the horse, since that's usually all I ever want).

What do you all want?

Diamond studs. But that is not likely. My BF is extremely wealthy, but not a spender, so we'll probably not even celebrate. The holiday is really pretty meaningless to both of us, but I keep throwing it out it there that if he is stumped for a gift, diamond earrings will work.

a few truckloads of fine gravel! The perfect gift, mudlessness.

Herm Sprenger Bow Balance Stirrups
    Professional hunter princess

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Got a new car and diamond studs for Christmas, so I think I want Lasik for Valentine's. Really want a boob job, but that is for my 35th bday! DH won't even be in town on Valentine's day
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Quote Originally Posted by NeedsAdvil View Post
    Diamond studs. But that is not likely. My BF is extremely wealthy, but not a spender, so we'll probably not even celebrate. The holiday is really pretty meaningless to both of us, but I keep throwing it out it there that if he is stumped for a gift, diamond earrings will work.
    He needs to get you the studs! What's he holding out for

The holiday is meaningless to us of course, since we will probably both be working, but it gives me an excuse to get roses and a Coach purse splurge

Otherwise, I'd never get one for myself.

Nothing .

My birthday is 2 weeks after VDay so I told him to save his money and take me up to a little mountain hot springs resort for the weekend on my birthday. He's a keeper
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

An oil change. My car will be about due for one then
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    Got a new car and diamond studs for Christmas, so I think I want Lasik for Valentine's. Really want a boob job, but that is for my 35th bday! DH won't even be in town on Valentine's day
    GOOD IDEA! Plus it's tax return time. Schedule your appt soon since plastic surgeons are always super busy around this time of year!

I've been throwing the idea around to seriously get a boob reduction. I think it's time. But I also want a nose job and don't want to go under the knife more than once so... I don't think they'll happen this V-day.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Quote Originally Posted by equidae View Post
    GOOD IDEA! Plus it's tax return time. Schedule your appt soon since plastic surgeons are always super busy around this time of year!

I've been throwing the idea around to seriously get a boob reduction. I think it's time. But I also want a nose job and don't want to go under the knife more than once so... I don't think they'll happen this V-day.
    Howsabout we go to the same surgeon and one of us gives a little and the other one takes a little?

My mom is going to be staying with us for awhile, so it is a good time to get work done. Nothing makes family visits better than pain killers!
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

a few truckloads of fine gravel! The perfect gift, mudlessness.
    Hubba hubba...nothing makes my heart skip a beat like hearing the beep, beep, beep of a tri-axel dumper backing up my driveway!

I run out of the house skipping and clapping (for the record it's the ONLY time I skip and clap) shouting, "Squeee....rock! For ME!"

I don't want anything for Valentines Day. I'm about as romantic as a rock. Poor DH is romantic, so we compromise on a meal out and maybe picking up something for the house. I'm painting a couple rooms, I think a few gallons of paint would be a pretty awesome gift right now.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    Howsabout we go to the same surgeon and one of us gives a little and the other one takes a little?

My mom is going to be staying with us for awhile, so it is a good time to get work done. Nothing makes family visits better than pain killers!
    I was thinking that! I have plenty to give

I'm going to see if my ins. will cover the breasts. I have coathanger shoulders, poor posture, and of course, back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain. I feel like ins. should cover it!

I've seen rhinoplasty with the quotes 'to improve her breathing' on patients. Wonder if that means ins. paid for the rhinoplasty to help the pt breathe better?! If so.. I feel my DDDs should be covered as well!

The ok to spend $150 to buy a watch I want and have most of the money for. We don't really buy each other stuff, but I want this, so I'm asking. Haha
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

How about a SO?

Valentines Day to me is Singles awareness day...a day where all the singles feel very.....single :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How about a SO?

Valentines Day to me is Singles awareness day...a day where all the singles feel very.....single :-(
    The grass is often very greener!

I miss my single days too.. going out with friends, meeting whomever I want...

Relish in it while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Hubba hubba...nothing makes my heart skip a beat like hearing the beep, beep, beep of a tri-axel dumper backing up my driveway!

That's signature-worthy.

As for me, I'm not big on jewelry and chocolates and I already told my husband that he's off the hook for gifts this year since he's building me the little barn (barnlet?) of my dreams.

If I did want something traditional, it would be flowers—I love arranging and sometimes miss my former work as a florist.
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by equidae View Post
    The grass is often very greener!

I miss my single days too.. going out with friends, meeting whomever I want...

Relish in it while you can!

I don't have many friends who like to go out :-( This will be my first Valentines day with out my Horse, I usually would like to see him, he was my baby, it will be a very sad V day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I don't have many friends who like to go out :-( This will be my first Valentines day with out my Horse, I usually would like to see him, he was my baby, it will be a very sad V day for me.
    You can make someone's Valentine's day special, if not your own—I sometimes think it would be really fun to call a local nursing home and ask if there's a lonely resident who would be my valentine! It would be fun to take some old geezer out for dinner and a movie. If they can't send folks out on the town with a perfect stranger, then showing up with chocolates and a greeting card would be nice too.
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

Italian chocolates, yum yum yum (all of my MFP buddies just pretend you didn't see this okay! ).

As luck would have it Mr HWNN is back up in Italy at the moment and gets home on 13 Feb Edited to add that of course I get a bonus pressie with Mr HWNN coming home!
    Last edited by Horse with No Name; Feb. 4, 2012 at 01:31 AM.
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

Quote Originally Posted by didgery View Post
    You can make someone's Valentine's day special, if not your own—I sometimes think it would be really fun to call a local nursing home and ask if there's a lonely resident who would be my valentine! It would be fun to take some old geezer out for dinner and a movie. If they can't send folks out on the town with a perfect stranger, then showing up with chocolates and a greeting card would be nice too.
    That's an AWESOME idea!
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland