The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul. 31, 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,005

    Default Yet another Craig's List Gem of the Day

    "Well broke pony for sale or trabe "
    "blaze is a 12 hhs stud that act like a gelding you cant tell he is a stud. he dont buck or rear bite at all and he is acts like a puppy and he will follow you any where. he is a perfect childen pony and ages 2 and 8 years old kids ride him any where and he is sound and very relax and clam and he is good with other horses and cats and dogs . he will follow or lead on the trail and cross water ..he tied and groomes and hauls and stand for. the farrier and he is a 4 year old pony. he will make a nice 4-H pony for halter or barrels or westen riding he is very nice all around pony i can txt pics and videos 724 710-5413
    he is dark bay with a blaze and he have a stocky body and he can all day long "

    Why yes, there are pictures of said 2 and 8 year olds riding him with no helmet.

    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/2828181557.html



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar. 14, 2010
    Location
    Earlysville, Virginia
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    Wow. That pony needs a snip, a diet and a responsible home....
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

    Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post
    Wow. That pony needs a snip, a diet and a responsible home....
    But it's not "fair" to the horse to geld them when they are older! These were the words of wisdom given to me by the owner of one ugly stud.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2006
    Location
    Evansville, Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    There was a really good one here the other day about a stallion who didn't act like a stud, and didn't even breed the mares in his pasture, so you could turn him out anywhere. And then right next to that ad, the same person posted ads for their mares who were pregnant by that same stallion.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Can I hijack and add another "gem" I found today?

    http://frederick.craigslist.org/grd/2833576232.html

    Hi, I have a TB Gelding for sale. He is 16.5 hands high, Born May 29, 2005. He can ride Western or English. He gets along good with our other horse. I am a begginer at riding and I can't get comfortable on him with his height. I hate to sale him, but he's not going to get rode like he needs to be. If you are interested please email me!

    Sigh.
    Barn rat for life

    The Big Horse



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2003
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    Can I hijack and add another "gem" I found today?

    http://frederick.craigslist.org/grd/2833576232.html

    Hi, I have a TB Gelding for sale. He is 16.5 hands high, Born May 29, 2005. He can ride Western or English. He gets along good with our other horse. I am a begginer at riding and I can't get comfortable on him with his height. I hate to sale him, but he's not going to get rode like he needs to be. If you are interested please email me!

    Sigh.
    OMG. He looks so sad.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-racer owner View Post
    "Well broke pony for sale or trabe "
    "blaze is a 12 hhs stud that act like a gelding you cant tell he is a stud. he dont buck or rear bite at all and he is acts like a puppy and he will follow you any where. he is a perfect childen pony and ages 2 and 8 years old kids ride him any where and he is sound and very relax and clam and he is good with other horses and cats and dogs . he will follow or lead on the trail and cross water ..he tied and groomes and hauls and stand for. the farrier and he is a 4 year old pony. he will make a nice 4-H pony for halter or barrels or westen riding he is very nice all around pony i can txt pics and videos 724 710-5413
    he is dark bay with a blaze and he have a stocky body and he can all day long "

    Why yes, there are pictures of said 2 and 8 year olds riding him with no helmet.

    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/2828181557.html
    he can what all day long?

    lol Oh my.
    Barn rat for life

    The Big Horse



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2011
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayside View Post
    There was a really good one here the other day about a stallion who didn't act like a stud, and didn't even breed the mares in his pasture, so you could turn him out anywhere. And then right next to that ad, the same person posted ads for their mares who were pregnant by that same stallion.
    *facepalm*
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec. 17, 2007
    Location
    Meadowview VA
    Posts
    2,164

    Default

    Anyone have a two year old? This might be the horse for you. They'll "trabe:!



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2008
    Posts
    968

    Default

    I want to go get the 16.5 hand one....that girl must be very tall if that horse is 16.5... as for the pony at least they feed him



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2003
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trafalgar View Post
    I want to go get the 16.5 hand one....that girl must be very tall if that horse is 16.5... as for the pony at least they feed him
    Yes. Something about that is really bothering me.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    Yes. Something about that is really bothering me.
    I esp. like how he looks like a brush or comb has never touched his body. I guess thats because his rider is only a begginer
    Barn rat for life

    The Big Horse



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2003
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    I esp. like how he looks like a brush or comb has never touched his body. I guess thats because his rider is only a begginer
    That horse does not belong there and he knows it.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul. 11, 2011
    Posts
    262

    Default

    The origional stud pony, 'can all day long'...I guess that means he can giddie up all day long?

    There is text speak, so there must be a Craigs List Lingo manual somewhere...




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun. 18, 2011
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    I'll bet he's the best little stud pony in the whole trailer park.



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun. 15, 2000
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    188

    Default Found this one today...

    Sounds nice on paper, but you might want to bring the measuring stick.

    http://charlottesville.craigslist.or...808709679.html



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Posts
    389

    Default

    I just found one.

    8 or 10 yr old quarter horse phillie - $800 (clifton)

    Or buy both for 1500. Easy jet and otto breading 1 has some training the other is gentle.

    http://westslope.craigslist.org/grd/2788144057.html

    So is it some kind of "phillie" cheese steak with breading? Is it deep fried?



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug. 2, 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, TX, USA
    Posts
    3,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
    Sounds nice on paper, but you might want to bring the measuring stick.

    http://charlottesville.craigslist.or...808709679.html
    and that would be a registered "grey or roan" with the JC
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

    What's the status on Tuco?



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan. 30, 2007
    Posts
    3,152

    Default

    I know! It must be a throwback to the mare with the speed gene!
    As for the TB...what a sweet looking boy - and a saint to boot.
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/



  20. #20

    Default

    [QUOTE=ex-racer owner;6121223]"Well broke pony for sale or trabe "
    "blaze is a 12 hhs stud that act like a gelding you cant tell he is a stud. he dont buck or rear bite at all and he is acts like a puppy and he will follow you any where. he is a perfect childen pony and ages 2 and 8 years old kids ride him any where and he is sound and very relax and clam and he is good with other horses and cats and dogs . he will follow or lead on the trail and cross water ..he tied and groomes and hauls and stand for. the farrier and he is a 4 year old pony. he will make a nice 4-H pony for halter or barrels or westen riding he is very nice all around pony i can txt pics and videos 724 710-5413
    he is dark bay with a blaze and he have a stocky body and he can all day long "

    Why yes, there are pictures of said 2 and 8 year olds riding him with no helmet.

    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/2828181557.html[/Q

    He's located in Fayette County. What do you expect?!



Similar Threads

  1. more Craig's List wonders
    By Hippolyta in forum Off Course
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Sep. 4, 2012, 12:46 AM
  2. Another craig's list bad ad.
    By Whitfield Farm Hanoverians in forum Off Course
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jun. 28, 2012, 11:50 AM
  3. Craig's list funny for the day
    By bird4416 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May. 2, 2011, 11:39 PM
  4. Another Sad Craig's List Post - TBs in NY
    By Seven in forum Off Course
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May. 17, 2010, 08:11 PM
  5. craig's list of the day
    By Alagirl in forum Off Course
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr. 25, 2010, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •