The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Online backups

My computer data is kinda important (business). Its getting older and virus are getting smarter so Im thinking its time to get online auto backup before it crashes forever.

I need decent service @ a good price. Ideas?
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

I've been using Carbonite for over a year. It backs up new data automatically and I can access everything on my computer via my iPhone.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

I've been using Carbonite for almost a year as well and have been very happy with it. Everything backs up automatically so I don't have to think about it!
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

Going out and being an extra HD and a backpack will always been cheaper.

Keep a copy off-site or in a fire-proof safe.

And switch to linux - no viruses here :P
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

I have a HD. It nedds a bit of help backing up. This is business data so Id pay extra to make sure its kept safe.

I can take it to work but wouldnt help much if we were fryed in our bed. Of course then I wouldnt care...

Carbonite seems cheap.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

If it's business data, I'd back up to multiple places. Carbonite + at least one external HD that you manage or multiple externals that are in different locations or at least a fire proof safe.

There are plenty of programs that will assist with backing up data to a secondary harddrive, beginning with the one built into windows...

I love Carbonite. I've used it for several years and not had any issues at all (of course, it takes a long time to do the first backup, but after that it is just seconds as it runs in the background and updates everything you do quite quickly). And, a nice bonus with Carbonite is that you can access your files from ANYWHERE - even your phone. So, if you are away from home and need that file, you don't have to use GoToMyPC or LogMeIn unless you need to also use software that is on your computer.

I think the price is quite reasonable for the service.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.