The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default York Pa: safe gelding for timid rider with minor disabilities

My daughter is 17 and the horse we got for her is too much for her. She has severe carpal tunnel and a shoulder problem that makes it very difficult to ride her green horse. We are looking for the steadiest of steady eddies for her to play on, just someone to trail ride and love.someone who is safe and can neck rein and needs a good kid to love. We are going to be picky about who she takes on after having rushed into the last horse. While I myself ride with carpal tunnel hers is going to require surgery at 17. Her arm freezes in place and so while it isn't happening every day I want to find her someone she can ride one handed if it happens on the trails at home. She is a decent rider but her current horse has caused her to lose confidence and her doctors feel she can continue to ride as long as she is safely mounted.
    So we are looking for a drafty quarter horse type who needs some loving and can pack my daughter around safely. Age color doesn't matter as long as the horse is safe.
    Pm me with detail and pics if you have someone good for my kid

Thanks!
    Last edited by onelove; Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

wanted to add that we are willing to travel within 2 hours of York,Pa for the right horse

Default Safe Horse

I saw this post the other day and thought he sounded perfect for someone looking for a safe, dependable horse. He sounds like a saint and is still healthy and sound!

http://www.horseadoption.com/v-mart-bill/

Try: http://hher.webs.com/ They have a horse there named Walter, he might be what you are looking for. Good luck!