The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default KWPN Tribute to Hickstead & Stallion Show Photos

The 2012 KWPN Stallion Show is currently taking place in Holland. Earlier today a special tribute to Hickstead took place during the stallion show, his dam and sire and breeder were all on site, it was amazing and very moving!

We just posted some photos on this along with many from the stallion show on our facebook page.

Internet access is not that great we have many photos to post over the next several days.

Also the very talented Zirocco Blue (Mr. Blue x Voltaire) owned by VDL Stud won his class, what an amazing stallion just super and so talented!

www.facebook.com/PrimaEquestrian
    Last edited by Prima Equestrian; Feb. 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PrimaEquestrian

I bet it was wonderful! Hickstead was one of a kind!

Just an FYI, I have a Zirocco foal coming from an approved Hol mare ( Calato x Cantus) due this spring! We're very excited! We also have a Zirocco filly at VDL who will be 3 this spring. Love the stallion and happy to see he's doing well!
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

Please make sure you post photos of your Zirocco foal, he truly is an amazing stallion and his foals are outstanding have not seen one I did not like.

No question Zirocco is VDL's super star of the future in both sport and breeding he is a legend in the making.

We are very happy for VDL and Zirocco the win was very, very well deserved.

Love your stallions Hyperion have been following them and wish you the best of success with them.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com

That is wonderful that they paid tribute to the unparalleled athlete that Hickstead was. It is neat to see photos of his dam and sire.

Also, thanks for the super photos of Zirocco Blue VDL. What a fantastic stallion and producer. I hope we have access to his semen again this year. I have a really nice colt from 2011 by ZB out of my Guidam mare. When we turned him out in the indoor with some poles and a picket, this is what he did on his own We think he'll be fun to bring along!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrankieJump.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	34847  
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

PS: Looking forward to the rest of your amazing photos too, when you get the time to post after your exciting trip. I remember all the beautiful shots you shared last year. It's not quite as good as being there, but close. Thanks!
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Absolutely love Zirocco Blue - I first saw him at the 2008 VDL Stallion Show and I think that he is better looking now, although the power has always been there!!
    My Zirocco filly will be 2yo this year and I am really looking forward to seeing how she looks now and her first freejumping efforts!
    With her being in Europe, it is a little harder to keep updated photos of her: 2 weeks 2 months and one year (with her woolie winter coat).
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com

Buschkn,
    Thanks very much hope to post some more photos in a few hours.

I remember your foal from last summer thanks for posting the jumping photo he looks very nice and look at the form already!

You are right Mikali Zirocco has really matured over the last year, filled out and developed. Really like your mare as well. All of the Zirocco offspring I have seen are stunning he is a stallion to watch for in the years to come.

Zirocco is very pretty, a great type with tons of scope and excellent frozen semen. We do hope his semen will be available for NA this year.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com

Champion Jumper Stallion: cat.no 6 (Applaus x Goodtimes)
    Reserve Champion: 262 (Toulon x Calvados)

Champion Dressage Stallion: cat.no. 575 (Vivaldi x Balzlfug)
    Reserve Champion: cat.no. 604 (Wynton x Belisar)

Champion Harness Horse Stallions: cat.no 713 (Atleet x Manno)
    Reserve Champion: cat.no 753 (Waldemar x Blokland Shales)

Photos coming soon!
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com

Quote Originally Posted by Prima Equestrian View Post
    Buschkn,
    Thanks very much hope to post some more photos in a few hours.

I remember your foal from last summer thanks for posting the jumping photo he looks very nice and look at the form already!

You are right Mikali Zirocco has really matured over the last year, filled out and developed. Really like your mare as well. All of the Zirocco offspring I have seen are stunning he is a stallion to watch for in the years to come.

Zirocco is very pretty, a great type with tons of scope and excellent frozen semen. We do hope his semen will be available for NA this year.
    Any idea on when they will decide for sure if Zirocco will be available for NA this year? I have a single dose, but the mare I want to use it on needs to have an embryo transfer and I would like to have more semen if it doesn't work out the first time
    Already excited about our 2016 foals! Expecting babies by Indoctro, Diamant de Semilly, Zirocco Blue and Calido!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227

Happy to report that we received word from Janko at VDL that we will have some Zirocco for 2012, I am not sure how much yet but he said we will have some.

You may want to let Kathy know and get your order in as like us she has had many, many requests for Zirocco. We have been sold out since 2010 and we can not wait to have him in stock again!
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com