The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Coffee lovers HELP ME! I need to find a good K Cup

I have a Keurig at home. I only drink caffinated coffee maybe once a week or once every two weeks when I am really dragging. I fix myself decaf all the time because I just love the taste. Big mug of decaf in bed before I go to sleep, yes please! My problem is I haven't been able to find a K Cup I like. All of them taste so watered down. I don't want to drink mud, but I want some great flavor. I'm WAY too lazy to try to use the re-usable things so you can put in your own coffee grounds. Anyone have any favorties they want to share.. decaf or not.

Honestly thought I was too lazy for refillables, but then I got the ekobrew cup. It doesn't use disposable filters, just put in the grounds and pop it in. It's also awesome for loose-leaf teas!

I too like a strong cup of coffee, and it took some tinkering to figure out the kcup settings to get there. Use any of the Coffee People pods in "bold" and dark or extra dark roasts, and then brew on the 6 oz setting.

There used to be a much better selection of bold/strong decafs, but now they are pretty lifeless. Green mountain made a "dark magic" decaf that was pretty good but I haven't been able to find it recently. The Caribou stuff is decent. Stay away from the donut shop coffees, they are really thin and watery tasting. The Newman's own taste like swill, and everything else is just blah.

ETA- looks like the dark magic is back. This is the best of their decaf selections if you like a really strong, thick cup of coffee. http://www.keurig.com/coffee/dark-ma...ffee-k-cup-gmc

I actually like the Newman's own, regular and decaf!

I was going to suggest Newmans special blend, reg or decaf. I don't even buy the flavors that don't say 'medium, light, dark' on them, just figure they're all light roast.

Gloria jeans hazelnut is my favorite flavored coffee.
    Jamaican me crazy is kind of too light for my taste, but I brew it on the smallest setting and don't add much cream at all and it's OK. It's a nice change some mornings!

Oh! Emerils big easy bold! I really like that one! I like the dark magic one too but it's gotta be one of those days when I just need that strong taste!

I'd love to try more of the flavored ones but they're all so weak! The gingerbread one had great potential, but there wasn't any oomf to it, just tasted like watery coffee, blech.

I really like the Folgers (yes, Folgers) Black Silk. Very smooth.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Light roasts have more caffeine...

If you like a dark roast/bitterish coffee taste the GM Dark Magic Decaf is good. If you like something smooth, Timothy's Rainforest Espresso Decaf is good. Both are "extra bold".

I've found that all the regular (not extra bold) cups taste like water brewed on anything over 6oz or 8 oz and the cups are too expensive to get so little coffee out of one!

I drink my coffee black/no sugar, so it is strong enough on 10oz size with an extra bold cup. If you put stuff in your coffee, you may need to go down a size to get a strong coffee taste.

I also like a Folgers K-Cup, but I like the caramel one. Very yummy!

The reusable filters are awesome, I also have an ekobrew! Cheaper to use your Keurig then and opens you up to many more coffees.

Also enjoy Cafe Expressions Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa, but don't buy it too often because a jug of Ovaltine is so much cheaper.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Caribou coffee Mahogany blend (http://www.amazon.com/Caribou-Coffee...8222228&sr=8-1)

My favorite, hands down!

Not a coffee drinker but I hear the best K-cup for folks who like stronger coffee is the Emeril's bold one.

Default ekocup

I just got the ekocup thru Amazon ... the first cup i made with it was pretty weak, but I figure i need to add more coffee. I find most of the flavored coffees pretty weak on the largest setting. I now make them on the small setting. The funny part is I don't like strong coffee, so I usually buy light roasts, but on the largest setting the coffee is too watery even for me !! I wonder how the strong coffee drinks are surviving with the Keurig ??

another vote for Emeril's Intense! By far my fave.
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club! RIP my dear Avery ~3/21/1995-9/21/2011~

Extreme Cat!!! 2006 OTTB
    Magic Cat - Final Demand

Donut shop reg and decaf (amazon)

green mtn breakfast blend reg and decaf (amazon)