The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Places In New England For Long Weekend w/ SLEIGH RIDE?

Hoping someone can offer some suggestions of great places to stay in New England that we could incorporate a sleigh ride into the trip?

Place to stay can be a B&B, an inn or a resort - needs to be "nice" but not necessarily "five star". If the (well behaved, accustomed to traveling) corgi can stay with us all the better - but I wouldn't rule something out because we would need to make other arrangements for her.

I have not had the best of luck with simply running a Google search so I am hoping that someone has done something like this and has some ideas for me! Also, I understand that snow is in short supply this year - are any places more likely to have some than others?

Not sure why it would, but if it makes any difference, our schedule would prefer the "long weekend" to be Sunday - Monday - Tuesday.

In advance, thank you!

You might consider the Woodstock Inn, in Woodstock, VT. I don't know what the snow situation is right now, though. I think they could probably arrange a sleigh ride.

http://www.woodstockinn.com/

John Greenall is who I would seek for a sleigh ride in VT. If you need his info PM me and I will get you his contact information.

http://www.vermontel.net/~greenall/

I am not sure if he is "for hire" but he can point you in the right direction.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    John Greenall is who I would seek for a sleigh ride in VT. If you need his info PM me and I will get you his contact information.

http://www.vermontel.net/~greenall/

I am not sure if he is "for hire" but he can point you in the right direction.
    Wow! He has some nice vehicles. Very close to Woodstock, too.