The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct. 13, 2006
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I guess what I am asking is why women get so angry about this type of thing when it doesn't directly impact them? I know a number of couples where the husband has it bit on the side, where the wife knows and everyone is happy. He gets his rumpy pumpy with the younger model, the wife is left alone in the bedroom, lunches, and spends money. It is a win win.

    Now, this is not my idea of a relationship but it works for them. Why can't an older man/younger woman have a good relationship on their own terms ( and the same for older women/younger men for that matter) without it pissing off so many women?

    Why get so mean and hateful about it?
    That is the rub however, imagine your story where the wife gets kicked to the curb AND loses her money to spend

    I dont get angry over this stuff, but I am sensible enough to see it for what it is. He has nothing left to lose (in his mind) so why not live the rest out the way he wants to?

    Gluttony IMO and who cares if his kids suffer right?

    Yuck !
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    15,517

    Default

    The problem is this. The older rich fella never has a problem with his wife, of however many years, UNTIL the bimbo turns up.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug. 11, 2000
    Location
    Chantilly,va.
    Posts
    11,011

    Thumbs up Horse sport in Austria has come a L O N G way....

    ... since the days when Hugo Simon was the only Austrian equestrian on the international scene

    Charity Breeding Jobs Contact Download

    http://www.ghpc.at/images/stories/do...r_CSI_2012.jpg
    Programme brochure:
    CSI_programm_web.pdf

    http://www.ghpc.at/images/stories/livestream.jpg
    Links

    Tournament picturesHow to get to the GHPCPrincipal sponsorKleintierphysiotherapie
    http://www.ghpc.at/images/stories/im...hundepfote.gifKellenc



    New standards for equestrian sports in Austria A warm welcome to the GLOCK
    HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER


    The GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER is one of Austria's most modern equestrian centres. For self-confessed horse fanatic Gaston Glock, the planning and building of this exceptional place is a dream come true. With the GHPC, Gaston Glock wanted to create a generous, high-class environment for the horses and riders that participate in national and international equestrian sports. The Center, located in the southernmost part of Austria, offers unique possibilities for events of this sort. In addition to luxurious boxes, two air-conditioned and heatable riding schools and a generously dimensioned indoor dressage rink, fans of equestrian sports will also find large outdoor rinks for dressage, show-jumping and tournaments that are a cut above the rest.
    breeder of Mercury!

    remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans



  4. #24
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryledee View Post
    Snoopy, how old are you? I am just curious.

    70 and very wealthy...any "Bimbos" out there?!



  5. #25
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post
    That is the rub however, imagine your story where the wife gets kicked to the curb AND loses her money to spend

    I dont get angry over this stuff, but I am sensible enough to see it for what it is. He has nothing left to lose (in his mind) so why not live the rest out the way he wants to?

    Gluttony IMO and who cares if his kids suffer right?

    Yuck !

    How are the "kids" suffering? By all accounts from the article they are doing quite well.



  6. #26
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    The problem is this. The older rich fella never has a problem with his wife, of however many years, UNTIL the bimbo turns up.





  7. #27
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post


    When I see a woman getting hitched to man in his 80's without a red cent Ill let ya know

    I won't hold my breath...

    Perhaps that does indeed happen....it is just not news. But how would you feel about that? Is it a money thing or the fact that the women are deemed "traded in/dumped" for a younger model. We put our horses out to pasture to live a happy life when they reach a certain age, why not our women?



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct. 13, 2006
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    How are the "kids" suffering? By all accounts from the article they are doing quite well.
    Um they said at the end of the article they were sad that their lifes work was thrown away?

    Their jobs replaced?

    By their own father?

    Are you from a place where they eat their young or something

    If they had any relationship with him at all that's got to be heartbreaking that their father who wont be around forever obviously has decided to the spend his last years with a stranger rather than them...

    I dont know the whole story but if this was the gyst of it then that is incredibly sad...
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/



  9. #29
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post
    Are you from a place where they eat their young or something




  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct. 13, 2006
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Perhaps that does indeed happen....it is just not news. But how would you feel about that? Is it a money thing or the fact that the women are deemed "traded in/dumped" for a younger model. We put our horses out to pasture to live a happy life when they reach a certain age, why not our women?
    My husband and I are too busy to try and think about how to trade eachother in

    WE have better things to do with our lives then worry about sexier younger people and trying to find out if they'd be interested in us over partners their own age.

    I think people who ponder these type of things are bored, and should spend some time being useful to society...

    Support a starving child or something to 'fullfill' yourself.

    Burning your children and family for what little bit of sex drive you have left is selfish and stupid... And your funeral will have one VERY happy widow.

    Just sayin.
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/



  11. #31
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Ladies, you KNOW I love you all like my luggage right? I'm am just trying to understand the hostility and mind set.

    Someone said "we are all women"...well I do not buy this whole sisterhood thing. Woman are catty to each other. Todays best friend is tomorrow's worst enemy.

    Someone said "I am mad at the man"....is that really true or ore you mad at the woman you label the "bimbo"?



  12. #32
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post

    And your funeral will have one VERY happy widow.

    Just sayin.


    BRILLIANT!



  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr. 23, 1999
    Location
    Rosehill, TX
    Posts
    7,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LanceBehind View Post
    Watch the press conference of Edward and his team signing a 10 year contract with Glock Performance Horses. In German and English

    http://vimeo.com/36106568

    he's 82 and just signed a contract for a decade -- did the Gal group check the longevity of Glock's parents before signing?
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

    The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”



  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb. 23, 2005
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    14,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    How are the "kids" suffering? By all accounts from the article they are doing quite well.
    I read that one wanted to become a lawyer and was forced to go into the family business
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.



  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov. 5, 2000
    Posts
    10,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    70 and very wealthy...
    Ah, so that explains your defense of Glock. Guess you old billy goats have to stick together, huh? Just curious - have you kicked your wife of many years to the curb in favor of a hot young thing?



  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2010
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    7,281

    Default

    It bothers/angers me because it flies in the face of every attempt the various waves of feminism in this country have fought for equality.

    Prostitution is illegal, yet in essence this woman becomes a VERY EXPENSIVE prostitute, in marrying a man we all know she doesn't find sexually attractive. Whether he can perform or not, I'm sure there is nudity involved.

    If she were "just a friend" or it were hands-off, there wouldn't be a marriage.

    Many women have fought for many years to allow other women to care for themselves. If a beautiful model marries a rich man about her age, we can at least hope that there is love there and it's not just a business transaction. I suspect Mr. Glock knows exactly what he is doing and what she is doing, and so does the new wife. As long as that sort of thing is seen as acceptable, it affects the equality of women and how we are seen in the world.

    I don't think it's right, as I don't believe sex should be for sale - but I wouldn't outlaw it and force my opinions on others. It at least would not be so maddening if both genders were doing the same thing.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed



  17. #37
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Ah, so that explains your defense of Glock. Guess you old billy goats have to stick together, huh? Just curious - have you kicked your wife of many years to the curb in favor of a hot young thing?
    Never married.....too expensive, even for this wealthy old Billy Goat!



  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2000
    Location
    Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)
    Posts
    14,409

    Default

    Aw, come on everyone. Snoop is just a Garage Gnome.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"



  19. #39
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2004
    Posts
    7,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Ladies, you KNOW I love you all like my luggage right? I'm am just trying to understand the hostility and mind set.

    Someone said "we are all women"...well I do not buy this whole sisterhood thing. Woman are catty to each other. Todays best friend is tomorrow's worst enemy.

    Someone said "I am mad at the man"....is that really true or ore you mad at the woman you label the "bimbo"?

    it's ok... i am right there with ya... i dont get why anyone would even care ?



  20. #40
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2004
    Posts
    7,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    It bothers/angers me because it flies in the face of every attempt the various waves of feminism in this country have fought for equality.

    Prostitution is illegal, yet in essence this woman becomes a VERY EXPENSIVE prostitute, in marrying a man we all know she doesn't find sexually attractive. Whether he can perform or not, I'm sure there is nudity involved.

    If she were "just a friend" or it were hands-off, there wouldn't be a marriage.

    Many women have fought for many years to allow other women to care for themselves. If a beautiful model marries a rich man about her age, we can at least hope that there is love there and it's not just a business transaction. I suspect Mr. Glock knows exactly what he is doing and what she is doing, and so does the new wife. As long as that sort of thing is seen as acceptable, it affects the equality of women and how we are seen in the world.

    I don't think it's right, as I don't believe sex should be for sale - but I wouldn't outlaw it and force my opinions on others. It at least would not be so maddening if both genders were doing the same thing.
    whoa. how do you know any of this?

    i dont get why anyone would even care what others so far away and obviously adult are doing?



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan. 20, 2014, 07:42 AM
  2. Sjef Janssen new national coach of Germany ?
    By LanceBehind in forum Dressage
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Mar. 17, 2012, 10:19 PM
  3. Edward Gal Would Ride Totilas for Germany
    By claire in forum Dressage
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Nov. 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
  4. Replies: 231
    Last Post: Nov. 22, 2009, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness