The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't think we would see so many people expressing negativity if we saw just as many women trading in their husbands for an "improved model".

I've personally seen quite a few couples (parents of childhood friends and acquaintances) split after many years together when the husband started wandering and decided to get a divorce and then soon after married a much younger woman, anywhere from 15-20 years younger. I didn't see the women jumping back into relationships. Whether that is by choice or how it was, that's another matter. However when it appears to outside observers that the men are moving on quickly while the women aren't, it looks bad.

Default Don't worry girls

Gaston Glock hired somebody who fulfills all the need of his girl(s) :

BTW Every penny he earns with his Glock Horse Performance Center goes to charity.

http://vimeo.com/36233912

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBehind View Post
    Gaston Glock hired somebody who fulfills all the need of his girl(s) :

BTW Every penny he earns with his Glock Horse Performance Center goes to charity.

http://vimeo.com/36233912

Ha Ha thanks for that

And I´m not so sure about the younger model never being truly in love with the older man, when I was 20 I fell madly in love with a 50 year old man (who, for the record, was not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination! He did ride very well though!)
    I must say my reputation suffered somewhat from this, it took a long time for some of my girlfriends to ´forgive` me.

Question Jetsetters?

Can we refer to them, the humans, as jettsetters?
    Last edited by Carol Ames; Feb. 8, 2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: punctuation
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Question "Love is war?"was it?

Is that relationship/ your "friends "reaction to it the reason behind your screen name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebe-ist-Krieg View Post
    Ha Ha thanks for that

And I´m not so sure about the younger model never being truly in love with the older man, when I was 20 I fell madly in love with a 50 year old man (who, for the record, was not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination! He did ride very well though!)
    I must say my reputation suffered somewhat from this, it took a long time for some of my girlfriends to ´forgive` me.
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Question he rode horses?

He actually rode horses well?; I never knew one like that; oops, my doctor in Vienna rode and did take me riding one day; he was my doctor and very professional, though, he also played bassoon in our quintet ; that was the extent of our relationshipFWIW I've have always preferred older, slightly older men; and still have good LTRs with several; the men closer to my age were interested in one night stands only, no ongoing relationships
    breeder of Mercury!

Yeah... I don't understand the young woman with a way older man thing either. Young men are just so much more physically attractive, and they have a lot more strength and energy. And besides, being young is not about languishing in long-term committed relationships. There are so many great younger guys out there that I'm always surprised when women complain that there are no suitable men around.

However, for those calculating enough to hook a sugar-daddy, I say good for you. We all have different priorities, and for some people being a member of the financial/social elite is important. Everybody deserve a little happiness.

Default the wife?

I thought Gocks' wife was mentioned as being in agreement with the Glock center(?) Who was the blonde in the pressconference
    breeder of Mercury!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    I thought Gocks' wife was mentioned as being in agreement with the Glock center(?) Who was the blonde in the pressconference
    I''m not sure about the press conference to which you are referring, but here's a picture of Glock and his new wife: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-prefer-glock/

Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    I''m not sure about the press conference to which you are referring, but here's a picture of Glock and his new wife: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-prefer-glock/
    She sure is staring down the camera...

I'm a bit scared that she will jump out of the screen if I comment against the relationship...
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebe-ist-Krieg View Post
    Ha Ha thanks for that

I'm 30 and still think that Sean Connery and Anthony Hopkins are the two most sexy, gorgeous and hot men on this earth lol. I don't care about the age (and i believe both are close to 60 years older than me actually). Maybe it's money, maybe she appreciated maturity in a man, maybe she has unresolved issues regarding some thing.

No one here's business. Nor is the reason that Mrs Glock 1 and Mr Glock are divorcing. We don't know if it's because of Mrs Glock 2, or maybe Mrs Glock1 had found a boy toy and Mr Glock found out about it, or maybe she was throwing her socks on top of the hamper instead of in it every night, and he'd just finally had enough.

I do know plenty of women with younger men they are romantically involved with. One in particular is being very discreet (she's 64, bf is 35) and her kids don't even know, because then she wouldn't be able to bad mouth her ex for getting a "younger model" (his new gf is 52 and he's 69) and for "trading her in" (when actually, she started the divorce because she needed "to find herself").

did you guys notice they were together for 7 years before they got married?

she is very beautiful.